1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just lost my last friend.. Anyone relate at all?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by introvert, Dec 6, 2012.

1. introvert

introvert Guest

I was friends with my best friend since I was like 13, and ever since he got this new girlfriend he's absolutely whipped by her, he can't talk to me or any of his other friends, can't do anything because she's paranoid and controlling and is jealous of anyone who he talks to unless its her. We were once best friends and talked about anything and everything every day for years, we knew everything about each other, now i'll be lucky to get a return text once every 2 weeks. It hurts in an unbelievable way to have such a close friendship turn into that. I now have literally 0 friends, and I know some people say that and are over-exaggerating, but I really mean it.. Like.. I have 0 friends, there is nobody else that I talk to outside of my family (which I don't even talk to either). The loneliness factor has been killing me inside the past few days, especially at night. I'm not suicidal or anything, but at night when i'm laying down I can almost understand why some people would kill themselves because the pain of being alone is unbearable. I don't mean to come on here and rant, but just needed to get that off of my chest. Anyone here relate?

#1 introvert, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  2. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can understand the feelings of loneliness and despair. I'm there. It's horrible. It's completely self-induced on my part because I just can't bring myself to tell anyone what's really wrong.

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. Please feel free to message me if you want/need to talk. (*hug*)

3. dudedette

I'll be your friend ^_^
    At the cost of your Soul!!!!! Just joshin.

Yea I hate when that happens. My dude friend (my really good friend, almost my best friend) got a girlfriend and he hardly talk to me anymore.
    Thats when I say "thank god my best friend is my sister."
    I really hope that doesn't change.

Putty wooped friends suck.
    I Really hope you find another best friend.
    I mean I could be your friend but I'm sure its not the same as a tangible person with an actual voice.

4. PinkTractor

Yes, sadly I can. I think when you have a secret side to your life, and have a hard time meeting people, making and sustaining friendships can be insanely hard. That makes the few you do feel good about much more precious. It hurts if they end, or change so much they might as well be with a different person. It's not so great to look around and realize that in your real life, there isn't a single person you can really be 100% honest with, drop the exhausting facade you have to keep up all the time, and just relax. Constant vigilance is such hard work.
    It hurts even worse when you have to admit you let friends slip away without trying to hold on to them, for whatever reason.
    Maybe your friend will dump this control freak and come back to his normal mind.

5. dudedette

Feel free to message me.
    (^_-)v

6. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I have also felt like that before i became really lonely so i know how you feel but it gets better youll see :slight_smile: it always gets better

7. caramba2654

I can relate so much that I'm gonna tell you to stop being me.

I'm a socially-awkward penguin. I don't know how to talk. And that affects me a lot on the friendship area. I do have friends, but they never talk to me. And that makes me fell lonely. A lot. :frowning2:

8. dudedette

LOLOLOL
    Damn thats pretty funny.
    I like the fact that your friends don't talk to you. I mean what good is a friend if He/she doesn't talk to you?

I used to be a socially-awkward Penguin until I got a job. Then I was forced to interact with people, so I got used to it.

BTW I like your Term "Socially-awkward Penguin"(!)

Soooo To Introvert, An advice would be to get a socially oriented Job.:thumbsup:

9. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (*hug*) I don't get it, you say you lost your last friend, but I'm right here, silly! Add me and we can chat, I'm there too. :slight_smile:

10. introvert

introvert Guest

I'm working on it lol, right now i'm just part time as a lifeguard. And i'm usually working at night during adult swimming so I never have to do anything. I get hella bad anxiety in social situations so it's a pain trying to get a new job.

11. LostStar0223

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :frowning2: i really really hope you get a better best friend. dont give up on the guy, but... eh... doesn't really sound worth keepin around

12. john1984

That guy really is not your friend. Friends don't treat each other that way. If he has a gf it would make sense that he'd spend some time with her but not just cut everyone else out of his life. Thats a very weak minded person with no backbone at all. If she is that controlling and crazy that he can't talk or hardly text anyone it is a very unhealthy relationship. The thing is when it ends he may be back but he'll totally forget about you wheb the next one comes around. Maybe he'll actually learn something though but probably not. I'd say move on and find some real friends that aren't fake and empty inside.