1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ManInTheHat, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ManInTheHat

This is long everybody so run now!

Okay, First I should start out by saying that I am still in the closet. I am currently in my first year of college. A lot of us guys that met at orientation live on the same floor so we are all really close.There are a few openly gay guys on the floor too. Anyways, there is one kid that I got to be really close with and ever since I met him I kinda thought he was gay. We flirt with each other all the time. Whenever I see him I wink at him and he winks back. He doesn't know that I am gay. I think he might be gay but I'm too afraid to ask him because one night when we were all drinking, one of the other gay kids on the floor was hitting on him and asking him if he was gay and my friend was getting really mad and saying no and that he wasn't gay. I can't tell if he's lying or if he's actually straight. The one night when we were all drinking, he put his arm around me and put his head on my shoulder. I want to take it farther but I am scared to get rejected like the other gay kid. He also always talks about how hot girls are. But the most he's ever done with a girl is made out with her.

I really have no idea what to do! I am really attracted to this kid and I want to know if he's gay but I don't want to lose him as a friend.

2. inlove21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask him. You have to before you develop feelings based on nothing. He.could just be really friendly. Also he may have said no because he was in front of everyone and he may be a little embarrassed. College really teaches you a lot about yourself. And he may be still learning about himself, making him a little confused.

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2012 at 09:28 AM ----------

Make sure you ask him in a private setting too.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get him alone. Ask if you can tell him something in confidence. "I really like you. I'm thinking I might be getting feelings for you, but I want to nip those feelings in the bud if they're not going to be returned." If he says he's not gay or interested, nod and smile. "I thought as much. It's disappointing, but that's the way it works sometimes. Thanks for listening to me. I'd rather you didn't tell anyone about this - I'm still kind of coming to grips with it myself."

If he says he IS interested...condoms. Lube. Always.

Lex

4. ManInTheHat

You guys are right. I think that if I told him I was gay then maybe he would come out too. It's a risk that I might have to take. The hardest part for me is telling him that I am gay since I haven't told anyone yet. I wish he would just tell me but I play myself off as straight so I doubt he even suspects that I am gay.. I just wish this was easier lol. Also, I feel like I have to get closer to him before he would be confident enough to tell me that he was gay. I feel like he's doing the exact same thing as me. Living a double life, always talking about girls, etc.