1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went On First Same-Sex Online Date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coastgirl, Dec 7, 2012.

1. coastgirl

So I met up with this girl from a dating website last night - it was our first meeting, and also the first time I've met up with something with more of a date intention.

I just feel very conflicted with all of my emotions. On one hand we got along great - I really enjoyed talking to her. I'm attracted to her - kind of, but I don't know yet. I think I might be afraid to let myself like her? Or I'm afraid of what it all means for me. We didn't kiss or anything, just a hug. But I think if she tried to kiss me I would not have been comfortable at all.

I usually crush on friends or girls I know, and have met and hung out with. And I definitely feel sexual attraction to them, want to kiss them, etc. But I haven't done anything with another girl yet. It's always been crushing from afar - sometimes I'd hang out more with girls I like but so far (in the last year) it hasn't led to anything. So this is kind of more steps outside my comfort zone.

Is it normal to feel kind of weird? It's troubling me how uncomfortable/unsure with myself I feel. Any advice on what should I do next to help myself along?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Went On First Same-Sex OK Cupid Date

It's your first time through. You've never been here before. The doubt and uncertainty is totally normal. Just keep the other woman up to date how you're feeling. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Hey, I think I know how you feel. I'm your age and am just now coming out. I had a back and forth flirting encounter with a guy interested in me but I was really apprehensive to move forward. I felt interested in him at first but then just instinctively pulled back. Being in an actual same sex relationship still seems weird to me.