Big Dilemma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheAMan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. TheAMan

Ok so here is the situation.

So there is this guy at my college, we'll call him P for anonymity. Like me, he's a big Steelers fan so we already have that much in common:eusa_danc I think he's really cute and he wears this cologne that just drives me crazy :rolle: Every time I smell it, he just whips me up into a frenzy I love it that much. He's a bit of a man whore as he has had sex with about 16 girls, or so he says. Regardless, he's been giving me reason to think that he might have it in for guys (me) as well. Here are three examples.

First, we both hang out at the student lounge area on campus known as the Tiger Inn, TI for short. On Monday, we were in there at the pool table after dinner. It was us and a couple of others guys there as well and they were playing pool while I watched because I suck at it.

Here's where it gets interesting. Ok so he was going to take a shot and as he was leaning back, he started to to twerk on me. :eek: For those who don't know what twerking is, it's when someone starts shaking their butt real fast on a dude's groin. So I'm shocked because I'm secretly enjoying it, but at the same time, I'm surrounded by people so I had to play along like it's a joke. Only thing is that the next time he goes to take a shot, he does it again, and this time it's a problem because I'm almost hard now. To make things worse, I was wearing basketball shorts so it was going to be noticeable. :icon_redf

Second, we were talking about the girls he has had sex with and he started bragging about how he had a big penis. I didn't believe him so he offered to show me a picture of it.:eek::eek::eek: Of course other guys were around me, but I was NOT missing this chance so I told him to show me. He said he was comfortable showing me because he was sure of his sexuality and that he was 100% straight. He showed me a picture of him naked and he was telling the truth. He was pretty big and he looked absolutely amazing.

The final part was when I told him he had a flat butt. He was like he had a cute butt and then he asked me to feel it. I seriously wanted to, butt I felt that I had pushed the envelope way too far that night already so I declined. I didn't want everyone around me to get any more suspicious.

Now I know us guys joke around and play a lot, but he went way too far for it to be normal horseplay. I mean no supposedly 100% straight guy asks another dude to see a picture of his penis, not be joking, and actually show another guy a pic of him naked. The twerking and asking to touch his butt, I might be able to pass off as a joke, but all of this happening in a span of 2 minutes raises too many red flags.

I think he has developed an interest in me but I can't be entirely sure. Let em know what you guys think.

2. BudderMC

I don't know if that's something that indicates he's into guys, to be honest. I'd say that it indicates he's very comfortable with his sexuality (whatever that may be), but not necessarily that he's into guys or into you.

Are his actions that common? Nah, probably not. But it's not totally unheard of either.

It's quite possible after the first event he realized that he could push the envelope that far since you didn't resist to it. Maybe being that sexual is his baseline and now he realizes that you're not that bothered by it.

Basically, there's a whole bunch of reasons why he did what he did. I personally don't think it's because he's into guys, but you know him better than I do. If you're unsure, you could always ask him. :wink:

Otherwise, coming out to him is a good start. Are you out to him?

3. TheAMan

He claims he's 100% straight but actions speak louder than words. But I guess it's totally possible be straight and still joke around the way he did.

I'm not out to him and I don't really plan on telling him anytime soon. I save that for people I trust. However, if I feel the timing is right, I'll tell him.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say get to know him better and try to figure out what his motivation was, if any. Any chance, apart from being a fun-loving guy, that he was acting on a dare from his other friends present? Some initiation thing (in order to join our frat you need to figure out a way to have another dude grab your butt in public)? Reminds me a bit of that show "Oblivious"...

5. TheAMan

I highly doubt he was acting on a dare. I mean this isn't the first time he has made advances to me. One time he just climbed in my lap for a few seconds and held me around my neck and called me baby but I'm sure he was joking when he did that. Then again, given what he did last week, I'm not so sure. Like if we had been friends for a while, I could understand it, but he barely knows me.

6. BudderMC

^ some people make friends faster than others. Some people reach that level of comfort in a really short time. Probably faster if he's rather comfortable with his sexuality.

I'm not saying he isn't into guys, because nobody can answer that. But all the stories you've told, while rather sexual, sound more like a guy joking around rather than him actually trying to be flirty or make advances.

7. alex1170

I would honestly not think he is into guys without more evidence. I am in college too and there is a running joke on my team of sending pictures of your penis to a bunch of other guys on the team randomly. I have never done it, but I have gotten plenty of pictures sent to me. It is just a joking around thing, and I am very certain that none of these guys have any interest with being with other guys.

8. TheAMan

I have finally decided that I'm either going to invite him over to my dorm or get him to take me to his dorm and proceed form there. I hope things work out.