1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much kindness...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FishMan27, Dec 7, 2012.

1. FishMan27

Recently, I have been having a number of issues that have all sprouted from one thing: I think I might be too friendly.

Two girls have been seriously crushing on me. Obviously, they don't know I'm gay. I'm just generally a nice person, and I'm afraid they might be interpreting my actions as flirtacious. I'm not trying to lead them on or anything, but I don't know how to stop them from paying me so much attention and prevent future instances like this should they arise.

The more complicated issue I've just run into is my gay friend who has had a crush on me for I don't know how long. He knows I'm gay. As the only gay friend I had, it was only natural that I felt compelled to tell him. The issue is more complicated than just his crushing on me. I've told him twice now that I have no desire to have any sort of romantic relationship in high school. I don't have time, and I can't see it lasting past high school.

To complicate things further, he has had to deal with some pretty aweful things at home with his parents, and I know he's had suicidal thoughts in the past. He's been going through a bit of a rough patch lately (he didn't have a Thanksgiving and probably won't have a Christmas). I don't think he'd turn to suicide, but it's really hard for me to empathize with him.

I want to be there to support him, but I don't want to confuse him and make him think my kindness is me leading him on.

Any thoughts?

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know. I've run into a similar issue myself.