1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a Tight Spot

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by standtall00, Dec 8, 2012.

1. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well there's this guy that lives in Louisiana and we've been texting and talking on the phone for over a week now and I think I might have feelings for him, but I already have a boyfriend that I can actually be with psychically. But...my boyfriend doesn't really take our relationship seriously. He makes fun of me, doesnt tell me he loves me, he said im not really attractive, mocks me, etc. But the guy that lives in Louisiana treats me with true respect. He calls me attractive, he treats me with true kindness, he thinks I'm cute, and he said he would surely fall in love with me. I'm just totally confused on what to do :/ because I know long distance relationships usually don't go well (from what I've heard). What should I do?

#1 standtall00, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. Given To Fly

My knowledge of US geography is pretty limited, so I won't say anything about the long distamce relationship. But, for what it's worth, your boyfriend sounds like an asshole. If the guy doesn't appreciate you, he isn't deserving of your affection in my opinion.

3. rday13

rday13 Guest

Long distance relationships can go well, or not well depending on what you're willing to make of it.
    Will you be ok with not seeing a bf as much, and knowing he may not be around for some important events but will always care for you? That's one thing a lot of long distance couples put up with, in addition to other things, such as physical and emotional intimacy.

With regard to your home situation, your current bf might need a wake up call about his behavior, as none of that sounds healthy or fair. It might be time to sit down and have a talk about where things are going, and how his actions are pushing you away.
    It does sound like you have a deeper connection with the guy from Louisiana, but choose your next steps wisely. As in, know the situation on the ground at home before you fall even further for this guy from Louisiana. Good luck!

4. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well Louisiana is 2-3 states to the left of mine