1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my roomates tonight

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Asari, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been living with them a few months and they are my best friends here. The only problem is they are conservative. My one roommate has mentioned how awesome she thinks "ex-gay therapy" is. That shoved me further in the closet. My other roommate is becoming more accepting. She said one time that she believes people are born gay. Because they are my friends and I'm tired of lying to them I want to tell. I'm just afraid they will react the same way all of my friends have been acting (telling me they love me but hate my sin) or they'll be awkward around me from now on. How do I even start? What should I do? Should I text one of my roommates and tell her I have something I want to tell her? (I'm telling the more excepting one first) would she freak out? There is a party going on in my apartment tonight. Should I wait till after the party?

2. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go to the party, hook up with a chick :thumbsup:

On a more serious note I wouldn't tell em at all, and wait untill you could move out/move in with some different roomies, I mean unless you wanna stay friends with them then by all means, risk it if they're actual friends they shouldn't care, and if they do they weren't worth being around anyways. And do you have anywhere else to go if they want you out cuz of your sexuality? If not I wouldn't take the chance at being homeless.

3. cloudburn

Good Luck! My only advice is to maybe do it before the party, or on a different day. Alcohol might not mix too well with the subject. And at the same time, maybe it'll make it easier?! Who knows, go with your heart. :slight_smile:

4. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm moving out next week so I don't have to worry about them kicking me out. I know they won't kick me out or hate me they might just be awkward around me. There is no way they'll kick me out though since I pay a portion of the rent lol.

5. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I take it you wanna stay friends with these people? If you know for sure that all they will be is a little awkward, then go for it, nothing to be scared of! :icon_bigg

6. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fell asleep before I could come out. :/ maybe I will come out to them when they get back from church tomorrow? Maybe that would be a bad time?