1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost came out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greendalehumans, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

I was talking with my friend at care group about gay rights and stuff. She's not against gay marriage but she's not really for it either. She believes it's a sin, but she understands that it's not a choice. I think she's not completely sure what she believes- and that's fine. Her half brother is gay (he's all grown up and was raised by his mother) and she still loves him and spends time with him and stuff. It was basically the perfect opportunity to come out to her, but I just couldn't do it. I'm bad at having personal conversations about myself face to face. I don't know. I want to tell her because I feel like I'm lying to her.
    Anyways, that way my rant :/

2. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel completely. Me and my roommates were having a conversation about gay culture and diversity this morning and i almost shouted "I would know cause I am gay!!" Sometimes I feel like I'm about to burst and i want to get the nerve to say it but I just can't.

3. FishMan27

This is definitely a common occurrence. I often find myself in this mind of a situation. In fact, yesterday at swim practice, a few girls (about 13 or 14 years old) started talking about Justin Beiber and One Direction. They were arguing over who was better and they said that JB is gay and that everyone in One Direction is gay. They argued that JB has a GF so he CAN'T be gay... It went on and on...
    I know they don't mean anything by it and they're just extremely ignorant (they don't know I'm gay btw), but it's still frustrating. They've all looked up to me for years now being one of the senior athletes on the team and since I represent our club at nationals every year. Their parents have, too. I also know that ignorance is not uncommon among this group.
    Anyway, I know how hard it can be to tell others in these kinds of situations, even if you know the person will be supportive.