1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding others

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheFirstStep, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TheFirstStep

I know how soon this may be, especially given that I've only been out for almost a month now. But I can't help but feel... In the need for someone.

My heart is telling me to find someone, even if it's a strictly platonic relationship between us, I feel like I need to meet other gay men. Or at least someone who knows where I've been, and how I feel. I was lonely before I came out, but now that im out, I can see just how difficult it really is to find others.

I realize that some of the best places to meet other gay men is at clubs and gay bars, but im not yet old enough to get in them.

So my question is, what else can I do to meet other gay men in my area? I've tried looking it the PFLAG group in my area in hopes that they could point me in the right direction, but i still have not yet herd back from them.

My heart and body are aching for a relationship. Someone, please help me out.

2. I've never heard of PFLAG before. Is that popular in your area? Try looking for other organizations where you can attend meetings or socials for the GBLT. I wouldn't suggest going to bars or clubs or websites for gay men.

You could start smiling and winking at men more often where you work/go to school/hang out! Eventually someone might come up to you. Or just try talking to more men... sooner or later one will make your gaydar flare. But yes, it is hard to find others, not only do you have to physically locate your targets, but you need to approach them.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you are young your options are a little limited. Is there an LGBT group at your college campus?

4. TheFirstStep

There is, however the semester is coming to a close in two weeks and I won't be allowed to attend college meetings if im not a student any more. (got my degree complete!)

I think my best luck would probably be to approach the GSA presidents at the college and ask them of their experiences and see if they have any suggestions or lists of LGBT groups in my area.

Its worth a shot. :slight_smile:

5. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think going to your college is a great idea. It seems like you school is fairly accepting so they will be more then happy to help.