1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant against lesbians

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HelloMyNameIs, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I just experienced the most disturbing, homophobic rant I've ever heard. It wasn't directed at me or anthing, but I still had to sit through it.

I was at Waffle House with a friend. There was a group of five guys (really big guys too) who sat at the booth next to us, and they were ranting about how much they hate lesbians. Then on of them starts ranting about how he hates that lesbians "think they can do my job better than me" and he said that if he met a lesbian he would smash her head with a rock and rape her to "show her her place." and his friends all cheered him on. I was terrified. All I could do was try to make myself invisible and keep myslef from crying. My friend didn't seem to notice it, or if she did it didn't bother her, but I was a mess.

I live in the south so I'm used to hearing homophpbic things, but I've never experienced that much violent hatred before. I know they had no idea that I'm gay, so it shouldn't have scared me that much, but I was very scared. It was just too much for me too handle.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow I'm really sorry you had that experience. If you advocate rape or cheer someone else on who's advocating it, you deserve to die. A true knight should make that happen.

3. Sorry for all the typos. I'm usually more careful about that, but I'm pretty upset.

4. Ticklish Fish

heterosexual agenda all over again..

i'm sorry that your eating experience is ruined by shitty customers

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No joke. He threatened you very personally without even knowing it.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. I'm really sorry that you had to hear all of that. That's horrible. It is crazy how homophobic some people are.

7. theMaverick

That's terrible. Were I a knight, I would have slain them.

8. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oooh, douchebags I woulda hit him I have short temper, I'm sorry youy had to deal with that shit, it's bullcrap.(*hug*)

9. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Wow.

One day in the future, that kind of rant from anyone will get them beat up on the spot.

In fact, if I worked in that restaurant I would probably find a way to get them kicked out immediately.

10. 341

341 Guest

My step-brother used to get this where he worked all the time (they didn't know), he's got a new job now. :slight_smile:

11. PinkTractor

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It must have felt so terrifying and horrible. I'm glad you stayed safe and didn't risk yourself by responding. No matter how badly those men (and I use that term very loosely) deserved to be confronted and shown the error of their ways ( perhaps having someone do to them what they said they wanted to do to a lesbian?) I'm glad you made the choice to put your personal safety first.
    Just remember this was no judgement on you. You are not the problem here.

12. burg

even for most bigots that's shocking.is the south really that bad?

13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Shit! I would've gotten stuck right into them! Assholes!! Why do people behave so immaturely and defensively?!

14. Hexagon

Wow, thats awful. Can't they be reported to the police for inciting violence and rape?

15. Yeah, I'm surprised I wasn't more angry, but as I said, they were a group of five really big guys, so fear won out in this case.

Normally, no. I've never heard anything close to that before.

16. I've had similar experiences. I guess the world is full of homophobes, huh? Sorry that you had to sit next to them.(*hug*)

17. Roman

Roman Guest

Yikes. I met some other gay guys at the bar I like to go to, and we sometimes go to Waffle House afterward, and it's bad enough getting the occasional "nasty fags" comment/stare. Thankfully nothing's ever escalated, and if I were in your situation, I would do the very thing you did: lay low. Self-preservation. It's not worth getting injured/losing your life because of some douchebag's bravado.

18. Wow, people like that are sick and just pissed they can't get any. Sorry you had to hear all that horrible stuff. (*hug*)

Wow, the idiocy of people just amazes me these days. :tantrum:

19. Given To Fly

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breathe. I was going to say breed, but breathe fits better...

20. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Those type of words were horrible, but I partially doubt that the man actually intended to do that, or would have. It's quite common for people to try and act like "the tough, badass guy" and pretend to be more violent or immoral than they actually are. Especially if it was for his friend's reactions. Now, it's possible that he did mean those words, and in any case, bigotry like that should be condemned, and even fake threats should not be allowed.