1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am 14, im pretty sure im gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iamveryconfused, Dec 9, 2012.

1. iamveryconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have not told anyone about this but I recently have been getting the urge to just say it to my friends. I get so much anxiety thinking about it, I'm constantly feeling ill. I go to an all boys school which doesn't help. I am not scared about being denied by my friends because at least then I will know who my true friends are but I'm just scared about the whole thing. A boy in my year has come out to everyone about being bi-sexual and is really open about it and that is sort of helping in a way because all of his friends and everyone around him seems ok about it and he still has all of the friends he had before he came out. I'm speak to this boy but I don't really know him that well and I think I might be attracted to him. Can someone help me out please. I also hate the idea of coming out to my family as my brother is also gay.. Yeah that's pretty fucked up right?

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Come out only when you are ready. Not only WHEN but to WHO. It's not easy to make that decision. Some of us here have known that they were LGBT for years but still haven't come out. Coming here to EC is a good start though. Many of us have or are going through similar situations.

How did your family react to your brother being gay?

3. iamveryconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They are ok with it and support him, but maybe two is too much. I just want to tell my friends! I've recently just broke up with my girlfriend which I was with for about 8 months and a generally was in love with her. I don't know what to do I really don't I feel like I just want to get it over and done with so I get to the part were everyone knows I'm gay and accepts that and maybe I can start seeing boys

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Ok, if your parents had no problem with your brother, they'll have no problem with you. And I promise you, there's no such thing as "two is too much"- Believe me. And if the bisexual boy at your school has that amount of support, so will you. I think you might be overthinking this and unnessesarily stressing yourself out. Just be confident. Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong. Being gay isn't a bad thing.:slight_smile:

5. Of Mice and Men

You have an advantage I didn't have when I came out. Not only do you have a bunch of people on here who will support you, but you have somebody you know at your school who you can talk to as well. I would definitely suggest speaking to the bisexual boy at your school, too. You have a support circle not only on here, but in your own life as well. I think that's a great situation to be in and would definitely take advantage of it if I were you.

6. 341

341 Guest

When I was going through what you're describing now, I actually found my step-brother also being gay more of a weight on my shoulder, instead of making it any easier for me to come out. That's just me though; I never really saw my step-brother either.
    I didn't realise how silly I was being until I came out; I have a step-brother who is also gay, the most liberal family ever, and friends who have always been accepting of lgbt individuals. I could write a big and long inspiring speech, but in all honesty, all I really needed was somebody to say to me "What is stopping you besides yourself?".

> I came out when I was your age also. :slight_smile: (This is getting scary now... )

#6 341, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  7. iamveryconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone this is helping me appreciate it <3 :slight_smile: