1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Rant/Advice) Self psychologist: I've been jealous and I never knew

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by caramba2654, Dec 9, 2012.

1. caramba2654

So... This is kind of a ranting thread. I'm not sure where to post this, because I think it can serve as advice to some people.

Basically I was thinking about random stuff and then it came to my mind that I was very jealous of my friend. Why? Because he has a girlfriend and a great best friend. Or: someone to love and someone to laugh with. And those two things are the ones I most desire right now. And that only came out like that when I accepted that it will take a loooooong time until I get one of these two.

But that was a good experience for me. I'm sure that now I'll be able to identify some more internal conflicts that I have. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 caramba2654, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. Eli

Eli Guest

I think it's pretty normal to be jealous of people when they seem like they "have it all together" in a way that you don't. It's also kinda embarrassing, at least for me, because jealousy isn't an emotion I like to admit to. For instance, I've been pretty jealous of my brother. I want his life, in some ways, or at least the things he has. And I find it really hard to accept that I don't have those same things, because then I have to admit that something is wrong-- or different-- about me.
    I hear a lot that you shouldn't compare yourself with others, but frankly, I'm going to keep doing it anyway. Still working on the acceptance part, though.
    What you're saying definitely makes sense to me.

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, unaccept that idea xD I too thought I would be "forever alone"(.jpg), came back from summer vacation this year for school (so back in september), within the first week I noticed a guy that I'd actually noticed a couple of times last year, but never really thought about. Well to make a long story short, within the last couple of months we've gone from complete strangers (never spoke a word to each other before this year), to very close friends, and I'm pretty sure we're going to be more than that very soon.

The fact is, these things just come up and smack you in the face. Sure, maybe it will take years, but it's just as likely to happen tommorow. You just can't predict it. I'm not normally a very outgoing person, and from a surface glance my crush wasn't really my type, but for whatever reason I just felt this spark when I met him :slight_smile: It'll happen to you too, just be open for it!

4. caramba2654

Yeah, I'm trying to accept that, but it may take some time, especially if I find it difficult to make the first moves. :v

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the great thing about a crush on a guy, is that it's easy to make excuses to spend time with them without any awkwardness. As you get to know each other, you either figure out the other person's feelings, or you trust them enough to just tell them your feelings. The few times I've crushed on girls, it was so hard talking to them, and the one I did ask out felt like I had to move a boulder to do it. And all I did was ask her out for some lunch casually. Whereas with the guy I'm crushing on, it's almost effortless. Sure, the few times where I've stepped out the friendly interactions and dropped some major hints (i.e going in for a hug, etc) were hard, but I just felt a lot more comfortable doing them.

It's hard to explain, but when you meet the right person, it'll mostly come naturally.