1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the older folks.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starfish, Dec 9, 2012.

1. starfish

So about 4 months ago I left a job which was ruining my life, and causing me some pretty bad health problems. Best thing I ever did, life is so much better now.

I'm not sure how to put this. I'm still not happy. I this feeling that I am ready to move on. Just ready to fully close the last chapter and start a new one.

Lately I've had this desire to buy some land in the mountains and build a cabin. Problem is not really any mountains in central Texas. Not sure what I would do for money, maybe try to find a job where I can work remotely.

So I guess has anyone else gone through something simular? What did you do? Did you ever figure what you want to be when you grow up?

2. PinkTractor

Hi,

I can relate. I used to do retail customer service and sales. It drove me pretty much buggy. Now I am in the first year of starting a small organic farm on family land in the southern part of Oregon. The whole thing is harder than I ever would have imagined, but I'll only be dealing with customers once a week at market, and the rest of the time it's just me and the land and the plants. I'm poorer than a church mouse, and probably always will be, but I can feed myself and others, have a little trailer to call my own, and the peace of mind that comes from not having to pretend to be social 40+ hours a week.

3. starfish

Well I thought about this some overnight and today. I think I am going to start to start by tackling some of the projects I want to do.

I'm going to start by restoring my car. Good news is that is really good condition for a 16 year old car. Just going to fix all of the little things that are broke on it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did. Sort of. Bit I think I realized that happiness isn't somewhere else. I've found happiness in Nowhere, NM and Los Angeles CA. Yes, do see if there's a place you might want to try living but don't expect all the answers to be there.

Lex