1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sohc, Dec 9, 2012.

1. sohc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I'm new to the forums, been reading for awhile but still don't know what to do, anyways Ill get on with my situation. I'm bisexual but im not out yet. Over the last few months I have became best friends with a guy, and we literally spend every single day together.

He is very kind, caring, attractive, funny, and everything I want in a guy. We have gone to a few movies together, and he asks me to go to dinner with him all the time. We have also spent the night at each others homes a couple times after a night of partying with friends (nothing happened between us on those nights) We text each other all the time, and we try to see each other every day to hang out (which has been every single day for the past 2-3 weeks). When we do hang out we have long in depth conversations about pretty much everything, and I have also asked him his opinion on gay people and he is totally fine with it, he did say however that if he was gay that his dad wouldn't be cool with it.

But now onto the confusing part of it all, he says he is into girls, and talks about them fairly frequently. But he hasn't had many girlfriends, and I have never seen him actually hang out with a girl or anything to suggest that he is actually interested in them other than what he says.

Whenever we hang out I find we make lots of eye contact, and that he makes up little jokes and touches me sometimes (just like poking me or tickling my side). I feel like I am falling for him but I don't know what I should do.... Should I leave things the way they are and see what happens? Or Should I just tell him that I am bi? I don't want to lose the friendship but I feel like I have to do something because my feelings for him are getting too strong. A few of our friends joke around with us and say that we have a major "bromance".

Sorry if this is hard to read, its kind of hard to get everything out and word it correctly.

2. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's a difficult situation. Could you maybe get a mutual friend of both you, and his to maybe pry a little? If he has any close friends that you also happen to know. You could try and get him to express feelings to someone else about you, and then report back?
    That's at least how I went about things when I used to date in school, anyway. But be careful, I know firsthand how things like that can damage friendships, where you really don't want them to get messed up. You COULD tell him about your bisexuality if it ever comes up anyway, but keep it cool. You never know, he might feel the same way about you and act on it first.

3. sohc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your reply! I haven't come out to anyone yet, I have been thinking about telling my best friend about myself, because we pretty much tell each other everything anyway, and im sure she is suspecting something is up anyway because he is all I talk about/spend my time with. I planned to tell him last time we were drinking that I was bisexual, but for some reason it just didnt feel right at the time and i couldn't say anything... I don't know if I would be better off saying that when we are drunk or sober. Or If I should wait a bit longer. :confused: