1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Pass As An FTM

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'm wanting to look more masculine and I need some tips and advice on how to pass as a guy. What are some of the tricks that you use?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bit off topic I guess, but some infuriated cow with PMS or something said this morning while I was driving to work that I look like a man :eek:

And then proceeded to call me a dyke... Sheesh, I'm not even trying to look masculine, and I'm a tomboy, not gay... Anyway, that's not the point.

I have quite a short haircut and never wear dresses or skirts. I try to wear mostly golf shirts or tshirts with shorts or 3/4 pants... I'm not trans and don't mean to dress masculine but I just happen to feel comfortable in "gender neutral" or more masculine clothing.

I think the most obvious piece of advice I can give you from my perspective is to get a very short haircut (at a barber, not hairdresser, as they f*** it up or disobey orders)... Then watch what you wear. Loose-fitting but not baggy pants, try to get something with lots of pockets or a few zippers and stuff. Jeans are best for this. Footwear: Comfortable sneakers or men's slip-on type of sandals. Wear shirts that fit loose enough over your chest area if you're not using a binder, and get a big-faced watch and maybe a leather bracelet or two. Never wear any make-up, not even foundation, as that would make you look more girly... I don't really have experience in giving advice on these things but I tried :lol: All the best to you, hope you can look like the man you are inside :thumbsup:

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

No foundation?!?! :O *sob* *whimper*

Thanks for the tips! :grin: