1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know it's a common problem but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DixieDiamond546, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DixieDiamond546

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I am openly bisexual. I am a senior in highschool. I am currently dating a guy, but lately my mind hasn't been on my boy though... I've almost become irritated by him. Everything seems like a chore- kissing him, walking with him- it's just... different. Anyhow, where has my mind been? A girl. And she's absolutely beautiful. She just moved here this summer from Montana, and we're alot alike. We've gotton to be pretty good friends. She knows i'm bisexual and is OK with it, but shows no signs AT ALL of being bi herself. I'm 99% sure she's straight. She's talking to this guy right now and he's what's on her mind. Anyhow we spend quite a bit of time together- we have 2 hours of ag class together, then go to the school agriculture barn afterschool for a few hours and hangout there. Somedays we hangout outside of school and go horsebackriding and such. I really like this girl.... But I know i'll never ever ever have anything with her. Usually in theese situations I just forget about it and push it out of my mind. But with her I just can't. Suggestions???

2. Zontar

The relationship has passed its "best by" date. That's usually my first tip-off, personally.

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You and him are done from the sounds of it. If you're at the point where you're not just questioning whether you like him or not, but actually annoyed by him, chances are things won't work out. Be kind, don't break his heart. Just explain that you don't feel any chemistry with him anymore, but you treasure the time you spent together.

As for the girl, if you think she's straight (and she seems to be imo), don't bother. You won' change someone's sexuality, no matter how perfect you are. It's part biological drive and part psychological, neither of which you'd be able to really influence yourself. There's nothing wrong with poking around just to make sure, but unless you get some major signs that she's gay, either just ask her, or just keep it a friendship,

4. FemCasanova

Honestly, though I am sorry to say it, if one continues to feels a certain way about someone for three months (her), then I doubt it will pass just like that. It might, but it also might not. I think you should seperate your issues here though. Your boyfriend is one thing, this girl is another. I agree with the upper poster, this relationship has definitely expired. Maybe there`s a part of you that really would rather be in a relationship with a girl right now, and it is manifesting into the feelings you have for this girl? In any case, I would break up with him. I don`t believe in staying in relationships after they have gone sour, it isn`t good for anyone. But you know your relationship best :slight_smile:

Then you might consider the other issue. Is she important to you, as a friend? If you cannot imagine losing her friendship, I would consider not saying anything. If your feelings are so strong, you feel it is distracting in your friendship, it might later grow to be distructive. Then you might want to say something now. However, it could also be possible that she is bi, and could be interested in something more than friendship.

Have you actually asked her? You could bring it up casually, while you are watching a romantic comedy or something. You could even do it in a joking tone, as long as the question comes out; "Do you think you`re completely straight or do bisexual?" That way, you give her a chance to actually tell you. If she says that she`s straight, you`ll at least know for sure. If she says she`s straight, you could jokingly add that she doesn`t need to worry about you, because you like *insert whatever hair-color she doesn`t have*, or "you`re in my friend-box, not my dating box." That way, it won`t be weird between you.

And if that is the outcome, I`d focus on other girls. Make an effort in noticing pretty girls on the bus, or in a club. Just to get her firmly out of your "interest" box, and into your friendbox. If you catch my drift? Maybe even sign up on an online dating site, or go to a club or some place else where lesbians and bi women usually flock. Guess it depends on where you live, what options you have. Maybe being around and flirting with other girls could get your interest away from this one, if she isn`t an option. It is possible to do it, but if you can`t at some point you might have to sever the friendship, which hopefully is the last option on the list :slight_smile:

5. DixieDiamond546

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you soo much, that was actually quite reassuring and helpful:slight_smile: