1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling used or paranoid?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Incognita, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Incognita

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there,
    I'm a married middle aged lady with a crush on a younger female artist. Have been there once before with someone else, never acted on it and it went away, but this time is slightly different. She is bisexual and a compelling free spirit, we have known each other for about a year and I came clean about my attraction shortly after meeting her, just to move over the akwardness (caused mainly by my attraction) between us and try to develop a "normal" friendship, (I know, how very mature of me!)

We exchanged emails, met a couple of times, and I ended buying some of her art, which I thought overpriced. At the time I felt she had taken advantage of my (good) financial position and hurt, I stopped contacting her for a few months, however she kept in touch, inviting me to join her for weekends away, which I politely declined.

I finally met her again in a group setting last month. I was happy to see my attraction for her had lessened and I was finally my usual self around her, however she made some pretty obvious advances towards me that I didn't reciprocate as they totally caught me by surprise, but that nevertheless left me in turmoil and on a high. However, now that the dust has settled and the high is lower, I am wondering about the real intentions behind her actions...Considering I never expected the attraction to be mutual, and considering my only motive for telling her about mine was to try and save a possible friendship, could she be feeling sorry for me and for having maybe overpriced her art to me? Could this be her way of "paying" me back? I know, it sounds terrible, but does it happen? Would you fake attraction to make someone feel better/happier? I have no clue how other women see me, and I never really cared to be honest, so yeah, I guess I'm very insecure in this new arena...
    I also know I have bigger issues to worry about here (ie husband), but I'm working on that too by doing therapy and keeping him "on the loop". He knows occasionally I get crushes but so far I have never acted on any, he also knows this time might be different...I can sense my sexuality is evolving, which just sucks when you are in long term relationship, but I'm trying to be honest with myself and with those closest to me...Thanks for your comments...

2. CatofOld

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's hard to say over the internet, but just what you have given me....

I think odds are really good she might be trying to keep a client. Times are tough right now and if she is not moving a lot of art I think the chances are good she would want to stay on the good side of anyone willing to pay cash for her stuff. I mean like I said I don't really know, but I can see where it would be very possible. Before I went to college I did some selling work to get through high school, and I did flirt and play nice to get things sold.

3. Incognita

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for your honesty really, I'll have to play this by the ear. Don't fancy myself as a "sugar mummy" if there is such a thing!! :lol: