1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on this girl I don't even really know

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TKM, Dec 11, 2012.

1. TKM

TKM

I've had this crush on this girl I see in the hallway everyday not a crush but like an infatuation. I think she's neat, idk but I like see her everywhere!! I really want to talk to her but I don't think I can because wouldn't that be weird to go up to a person you don't know and say hey(at least for me). I think she might be gay actually kind of pretty sure she is (thats another long story)which is part of my attraction to her because there are no lesbians in my school... That I know of. Every time I see her I get really nervous and do something stupid like drop my books or almost trip, just awkward stuff. Like the other day my class was filming stuff for the announcements and she was sitting right next to me because we were in the library she ruled her eyes at this extremely annoying kid in my class and I wanted to let her know that I was annoyed too bc then she might laugh idk, so I kind of just stared at her and ruled my eyes towards the kid but she didn't see me and I did it again, and again, I must of looked like a psycho :bang: I just want her to talk to me. Also, we have a lesbian teacher in our school and shes always up in her room in the morning talking to her or just hanging out I went up there for study help and she was there of course and she talked to me and I got so nervous and excited, I tried to play it cool said some sarcastic stuff and left it felt really good like she kind of liked me. Anyways after this long crazy story, how could I talk to her like could I just go up and say Hey in the library or would that be weird I'm really bad at being sociable and I don't really know whats weird and what's normal I'm kind of uncomfortable talking to people in general. Also How do I stay cool and not get so nervous and act like an idiot.:help: I feel so stupid

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First things first, I think a lot of people are unsure of what's "normal" and what's "not normal" when it comes to dealing with people. I sure as hell am not sure. I have to over think and plan out what I'm going to say to people all the time. It's a pain in the ass, but it doesn't come easy to everyone!

I definitely wouldn't be worried about any of the so-called embarrassing things that you've done. First of all, I doubt she noticed, and second of all, if she did, I doubt she remembers. I constantly think of the things that I've done which I feel are embarrassing. Sometimes I can't even get to sleep over it. But do you know what makes me feel better? When I try to think of embarrassing things that even close friends of mine have done. And most of the time, I can't think of any. And my friend does embarrassing things all the time, but I can't even think of any from the past week. I can think of one all right, but it was a few years ago and it was a pretty big one.

So I doubt very much of any of those things even crossed her mind, and if they did at the time, she definitely has forgotten.

If you have a lesbian teacher in your school, that sounds pretty great to me. Especially if this girl talks to her. What I would do is approach this teacher about your sexuality and explain that you are having maybe a hard time dealing with it and that you'd like to know if there are any people in a similar position to you. Chances are, if the girl you have a crush on is a lesbian too, this is what she has been talking about with this teacher. That could really work. (Obviously it's best to catch this teacher when your friend isn't there when you're talking about this.) Maybe she might introduce you or something.

And no, it's not weird to just go up and say "hi" to someone in the library. Loads of people can carry this off and it works fine. But, like me, if you're the kind of person that has to over think or even ask this question, then chances are it won't work. It never has for me. I come across as too awkward! As I said, it definitely works for some people and these kind of people make friends easily, but if you have to think about it, then chances are it will kind of awkward. The people it works for aren't the ones analysing and thinking about it. I'm one of these kind-of-awkward people and it doesn't work for me!

But I think you have a serious opportunity with this teacher if she is openly a lesbian. Use it.

3. TKM

TKM

First, thanks for your advice and understanding it makes me feel so much better! And I've actually been thinking of telling my teacher about me being gay especially since its been affecting my school work(I can't concentrate it's impossible, it's a lot better know that I've told my two friends but it's still on my mind every second of the day) I feel she would be a good person to talk to about stuff she's pretty cool and not like too blunt about things she says it how it is and I like that and i do have a serious opportunity with this teacher and Ive relised that, I just don't know how to talk to her or when or how I should start the conversation?

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

*relized* not relised

4. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you bothered to correct yourself — most people don't — it's realised (in British English) and realized (in American English)! :grin:

Well, do you have classes with this teacher? What I would do if I had to speak to a teacher about something like this is go up to them at the end of a class period as everyone is leaving and ask if you could discuss something important with them "at some stage today" or "maybe later in the week". It's up to the teacher to arrange a time. Normally teachers are experience enough to realise that whatever you're talking about must be important, and they'll be discreet and give you a time to talk about it with them.

What you say to her all depends on how open about her sexuality she is. Like does she openly discuss it? If she does, then it's OK to just come out as say "I'm gay too, and I'm having a pretty hard time dealing with it in school. It's affecting my work, and I don't have many people to talk to about it".

I don't know what else you can say really! If she has been talking to this girl about it, she should know what to say.

5. TKM

TKM

Hahaha sorry well I guess you know what my English grade is looking like, realized, sorry, and yes she's pretty open about it I mean she doesn't talk about it a lot but if it comes up shell discuss her sexuality with the whole class(biology class). And thanks for helping I'll let you know what happens because I really want to talk to her about this and maybe I'll be able to talk to that girl I like!(*hug*)

6. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please do let me know what happens! Nothing annoys me more than when people say they will keep us updated and then never do. :wink:

And I don't mind say — if you don't have the courage to do it and you need to come back and talk some more like, that won't annoy me at all.

So keep us updated either way :grin:

7. TKM

TKM

Will do! I'm just really nervous of course and it might take a few days, bear with me, but when/if she talks about her sexuality in class I think I'll go up to her at the end of class and tell her what's going on I just don't want to go up to her randomly you know? But let me just thank you, Your like the best! your advice is perfect and very helpful best advice I think I've gotten thanks.:slight_smile:

8. GuidingLight

Hope everything goes well

9. TKM

TKM

Thanks! Me too:icon_bigg

10. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you don't want to go up and be random about it, but I don't think it's weird at all if you do. The teacher will definitely not think it's weird. You could be waiting a while for her sexuality to come up, like, and I don't think it's a great idea to leave it go too long.

And thanks for saying "I'm like the best"! :grin: I only give advice on here when I really feel that I can give good advice. Some people post and post but what they're saying isn't really all that helpful and relevant.

I could relate to quite a few things you were talking about, especially the "not knowing whether something is normal" bits! You reminded me a bit of me, and I'm still in high school and there are a few openly gay teachers that I've talked to about my sexuality, so I'm really just talking from experience.

Anyway, good luck.

11. TKM

TKM

Yea good point I was just thinking of that too, having to wait a while. And really I just wasn't sure if it would be weird(always think everything I do is going to be weird or awkward) but thanks for letting me know it wouldn't. And the fact that youve talked to teachers about your sexuality is really cool and makes me feel better about talking to her about this. Also your welcome, you've really helped me feel better about myself, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't sure wether something is normal.:icon_bigg