1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exs and facebook :s

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by flyinhernikes, Dec 11, 2012.

1. sorry to take up board space but its bugging me and idk what to do :frowning2:

we had a bad break up almost 3 years ago!
    i told ex to not contact me as soon as we broke up cuz she was in a new relationship immediately and i wasnt over the relationship. i messaged her a few months after to talk to her about something concerning her as it was important, but then said i wouldnt bother her again.... and i didnt.

a few months later ex adds me on facebook, talks to me for a few days then stops for a few months. so i delete with no explanation (as i dont owe her one). i didnt think she would notice anyways.... as she stopped talking.

then a few months later ex re-adds me. i accept but then a few weeks later again delete as she didnt seem to make any effort to talk to me (i didnt initiate convo). thats fine. again didnt think she would notice.... but obv she did :confused:

then almost a year goes by then ex re-adds me again!
    shes added me about 6 times now. pointless mentioning all times lol.

i accept every time as i think ex needs to talk to me about something but nope, nothing.

this has been going on nearly 3 years. it hurts and i feel so stupid for trying to move on but then she pops back up every now and then. why does she somehow notice that i delete her and why does she keep re-adding me when she broke up with me?

do i tell her to stop re-adding me? it still hurts her being on my friends list as i still have feelings.... i dont want to have to block her as we have mutual friends. im just in a pickle and not sure what to do :bang:

on another note, if you dont want to answer this as advice... please dance with me so i feel a little better *gets groove on* (!)

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I would not let her become your friend. Do not block her, if she needs to contact you, she can still send you messages.

And board space is free and pretty much unlimited space, so don't worry, lol.
    ~Josie

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I had this happen once with a friend that I no longer wanted to talk to. Next time she sends you a friend request don't deny or accept her. Then, she won't be able to send you another request.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am your ex lol. I added a girl I was dating after she just disappeared on me, although I was probably at fault why she and I stopped speaking. I just wanted to make sure she was okay and she is, but it still hurts to see her pics and see her all happy without me. I can't say deleting her will make the feelings go away, but I've always been a worrywart. I think you should accept her request, but don't delete her. Just keep updating your status and pretend like you're fine and one day when she sees you on Facebook all happy then she'll feel how you're feeling now. I understand how you feel believe me, and it's not fun at all. I think once you start dating someone you'll feel better.

I'm keeping the girl I was dating as a friend on Facebook because I want her to see how happy I am without her. I'm not going to lie, I miss her from time to time, but it's her loss because I was a good friend and she'll realize it. Just like your ex, she obviously thinks about you that's why she keeps adding you :slight_smile:

Then again maybe it's time I try and move on too, I just reread how pathetic I sound smh :frowning2:

#4 pinklov3ly, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. prism

It takes two to tango. It sucks that she keeps re-adding you, but you're hurting yourself by accepting those friend requests.

I had to do the same thing once. I deleted a girl from my phone and Facebook, and I told her the truth when she asked why: I was still in love with her and needed to move on, and it had reached the point where I knew I couldn't do that unless I cut all ties with her. It was a bit dramatic, but it was the truth.

It doesn't have to be a big deal and the conversation may even give you closure. Good luck!

6. SomeNights

I had a friend who I had a crush on do this to me. I quit playing the game. He hasn't said anything about it since.

Since you obviously do not want any kind of relationship with this person, just let it lie. don't respond to her friend requests and pretend that she fell off the face of the earth. If it's important enough she'll find a way to get ahold of you.

7. thanks people lol.
    deleted her and told her to stop readding me as its gone on long enough. feels like a weight off my chest XD

somenights i will do that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

pinklov3ly yeah i do pretend im happy the little time i do update my status lol!

8. SomeNights

YOU GO GIRL!!!
    :thumbsup:

9. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A similar thing happened with me for the greatest part of this year. I still love him terribly (we broke up in Jan). Sorry @flyinhernikes but i guess i will be a little selfish and take the advice you've been given and tell him the truth if he asks.