1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend Problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jonathan19, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Jonathan19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey, so im having a few bf issues... one of my "best friends" has told him that ive been with someone else... which isnt true!

me and my bf have a long distance relationship, which makes things hard anyway, but we have worked really hard to keep it going... the friend knows that things are difficult sometimes, and i have talked to her before about things, and she has said that i need to live my life single and experience gay single life.. she thinks that my bf is dragging me down and holding me back from living my life, and i think this is why she said this to my bf...

the thing is she doesnt understand me and my bf relationship, as things are very complicated, and we both have things going on, which sometimes we take out on each otehr not meaning to... but i know we will always get through it... but my 'friend' doesnt understand that...

so now things are bad with me and my bf and im not sure what to do... any advice?

2. jaysuss

I can understand her plight on how she thinks you are trying to drag yourself down so you don't have to go out of your way in your everyday life but at the same time I understand how you have feelings for this person. Seeing that it is long distance you can only hope he trusts you enough because otherwise you can't really give proof.

3. Jonathan19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    he did trust me and everything was fine with trust until she said anything and put thoughts into his head... so now its all up in the air with what to do... i dont know whether to confront her about it, but i have to live with her next year... its all a big mess!

4. SomeNights

TALK TO HIM!!! Don't worry about the rest of it. The trust issue only exists if you two let it exist. As long as you both are honest to each other that's what matters and should he not believe you that's his problem not yours. The best thing you can be in a relationship is open.

5. Jonathan19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    we are talking, and we did kinda sort things out, but i can tell things are still playing on his mind, but he wont talk now, he wants to move on... i also dont know what to do about my 'friend' she was one of my closest friends and she is a part of the group of friend im in... but now i feel awkward being with them after it all... i dont know what to do, its making me feel lonely because i cant trust them, and my friends at home dont know im out, so feel like i dont have anyone left...

6. SomeNights

Okay,
    So here is what I'm getting. Your unsure of what to do with your friend. You don't feel the issue with your boyfriend is resolved, but he just wants to move on. Topping it all off now your worried that the group you hang out with is giving you the third degree. Guessing that I got all that right lets go one by one.

First for the boyfriend: if he thinks it's resolved, I'd let it go. If there is something more he wants to know or talk about he will say something. I don't care how "in tune" people say you get when your dating someone, you can't read their mind. To expand on awkwardness, remember "it's only an awkward situation if you make it that way". I'd be willing to bet my next non-existent paycheck that if you just let it go in two weeks it'll be ancient history.

Okay now for your friend: Here you have a choice to make. You can either take it with a grain of salt and TALK with her or you can exile her and lose her as a friend. I'm guessing from your s/n that you are 19 which makes you the equivalent of a freshman in college. Here is the key to every relationship that you have from now until the day you die: communication. Simple and easy, yet so complicated and flustering.

And finally for your group of friends. From my perspective and where I'm at, it's a who cares situation. It's not their business nor their problem and unless you bring it up to them, they have no say. As far as their attitude toward you, that is outside of your control, so don't stress about it. Just remember what you can control: your attitude and emotions.

Seriously with most of this just relax, give it some time to pass over and it'll be fine.