1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no support from a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by snowblindRUBEN, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Well this is my first post so here ya go.

I just pointed out about me bi to a real close friend. It started out with us talking about relationships and she asked me if I would date a guy. and I just was just thinking for a bit, then I said I don't know it would be something new. she was really shocked, she was like REALLY WHY?? then asked if I was bi and I was playing dumb and said I don't know it would be intresting. but then she was like no don't do that is anybody in your family bi, I said no and she says well don't mess it up. wow I wasn't expecting that. then just talked about something else.

well now I don't know what to do. this is one of my best friends.

2. violinguy92

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats too sad! Well, maybe that's someone that you shouldn't tell yet. Once you get closer, she will love you for who you are. (&&&)

3. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I do not know the conversational tone, she could have either been sarcastic or truly non supportive. If it was sarcastic, don't fret about it; not everyone who supports your sexuality is going to start waiving the rainbow flag out of pride for you. Some people have quieter ways of supporting gay friends, and honestly every bit of support counts.

If her tone was more serious and condescending, then perhaps you should find someone else to hang with. True, up until this point she has been an awesome friend for you, but as you become more comfortable with your sexuality you cannot afford to have anyone in your inner circle that is going to be detrimental to your happiness. I hope this isn't the case, but it is all too common to lose friends after they discover your gayness.

And by the way, welcome to EC.

4. biisme

I hope that she will turn out to be supportive. Maybe you should try to bring it up with her again. Be sure to tell us more on how she reacts.

Welcome to EC!

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww *hugs* Bad luck on that one. Hopefully she might one day eventually be ok with bisexuals, and then you can come out to her.

6. thanks everyone. Hopefully she can except that part of me when I tell her for real.