1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant about Couples

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aielar, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Aielar

Sorry if I step on anyone's toes in this rant, but straight couples are quite annoying at the moment and I feel the need to rant about it. I'm bothered by how straight couples can be completely open with their relationships without fear of discimination, stereotyping, homophobia, and potential loss of job opportunities in small towns - and gay/lesbian couples (sometimes) have to worry about those things. At least that's how it is in the small town that I live in. I suppose I'm jealous/envious about straight people and their relationships. One of my friends, lately, has brought her boyfriend over when she's come over to hang out with me...and I have nothing against him or her, just that they can be openly affectionate with each other without worrying about social consequences.

Also - that affection is something I've really been missing out on lately, since I do live in a small town and I'd rather not deal with any possible repercussions if I did have a girlfriend. I'm getting frustrated with having to wait until I move to be in the relationship I'm looking for - it's not easy for me at the moment. I've noticed I sleep better and feel safer at night when I'm not sleeping alone, but for the reasons listed above, I have to wait for that too. I'm just frustrated and lonely at not being able to be with the person I want to be with I guess.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I just needed to get this off my chest - it's been building up for quite a while now.

2. PinkTractor

I have to say I agree with you 100%. It's completely not fair. And it's also sadly true. :-(

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Yah i know how you feel every time i look at a straight couple at school i feel envious of what they can do. But at the same time my school doesnt really say anything about the gay couples that are at the school. I feel safer at night as well when im not alone its the best feeling ever. I think alot of people have the same feelings that you do

4. Aielar

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way actually, thanks.

5. livinglifefree

I think you just ranted about the story of every gay person's life. Lol. It is senselessly hard to be gay. Love is love. People need to learn to accept it. Part of gaining acceptance from the public is being out though. Many of my friends have changed their opinions of gay people based on being around me and because of that they are much more accepting of my affection towards my girlfriend. It would be nice if everyone was that way, but since they aren't we just have to work on one person at a time.

6. dreamcatcher

Yeah, I really hate it too. I hate how straight people can so easily talk about their love interests and who they're attracted to. (they do it so often too) I hate how straight people can walk down the street holding hands without anyone looking at them. I hate that I have to come out whereas straight people don't have to and I run a risk of being rejected for saying something that most people don't have to. Being gay really sucks a lot of the times. I feel this way quite too often so you're not alone.

7. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

But, at the same time, it isn't their fault. It's unfair, but it's no ones fault really.

8. Aielar

^ This, you just summed up how I'm feeling in a much more eloquent and straightforward way than I did ;P I wouldn't change my sexuality if I had the choice though, don't get me wrong - being gay, I believe, has made me more open minded as a person and I've learned a lot because of having to do research to figure out who I am, so it's not all bad :slight_smile: