1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Facebook- their "interested in" doesn't specify

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JillandJill, Dec 11, 2012.

1. JillandJill

So if somebody's "interested in" doesn't specify one way or the other or doesn't show, does that usually mean they are somewhat interested in the same sex? I mean, I see no reason to hide that info otherwise...

2. DhammaGamer

I don't have an "interested in" because I am interested in no one, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!

3. Luke Matt

I have my 'interested in' set as Women, but we all know that's a lie :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So no, I don't think there's any legitimacy in anything someone claims to be true over the internet (well, usually).

4. Jared

If it's not specified, it's more likely they're gay, but not 100%. I know a fair amount of straight people who don't have it specified on facebook.

5. Ruthven

Not everybody likes to put every detail about themselves on sites and stuff. But maybe in some cases it could mean they're lgb or something else.

6. redstormrising

most of my friends don't have it specified, so i would never draw conclusions from that. i don't have mine set either because i don't view facebook as a dating site and therefore have no purpose for sharing that information

7. I leave it blank, mainly because my parents monitor my facebook. I don't give two clucks about what other people at school think about me.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people leave it blank because they are on facebook for friends.

9. SomeNights

I can say thAt I am one of those ppl that leaves it blank. Partly b/c I don't wanna lie and I am not ready to have that conversation with some people and also b/c it really shouldn't matter what I'm interested in unless your interested in me or vice versa

10. livinglifefree

I do know several LGBTQ people who leave their interested in blank, but I know straight people who do the same. Most of those people feel like people can ask if they really want to know.

11. julia

I know a lot of straight people who just leave it blank, either because they forgot to fill it out or they just don't feel the need to tell everyone on Facebook what their sexual orientation is. A lot of times if someone leaves it blank it is because they don't want people to know they're gay, or bi, but not all the time.

12. stumble along

if thats true i have a lot more gay friends than i thought i did
    mine only has male and female selected because it was a dare and im not allowed to change it

13. lexi

lexi Guest

It's a possibility but not definite..

14. teluphone

possible but not always true. i set mine to Female and Male for the sake of fun before i discovered i liked guys more. I still havent bothered changing it to this day

15. Deaf Not Blind

Gee! you are acting so queer!

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2012 at 10:36 AM ----------

^That.

And I also didn't fill out a gender in 1999 when I opened it.

It is not a date site to me...but I had a very girly pix once and got a LOT of strange deaf men begging me for sex.

They have def slowed down since I changed my profile pix to a male one! :grin:
    Still, didn't add a gender or interested in...cuz I still don't want hit on by strange queers.

16. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I leave my "interested in" blank, I don't really feel like it's anyone's business and I've not told a whole lot of people I'm gay. If I want people to know I'll just tell them, I don't feel like posting it on Facebook is necessary.

17. 341

341 Guest

A few straight friends of mine have their 'interested in' set to the same sex; 'interested in' does not specifically mean attraction, in any way.

18. bebebe

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I used to have it set to interested in men but then I decided to leave it blank because it didn't have 'my vibrator' as an option.

19. SomeNights

ROFLMAO

Hell Yes!!

20. theMaverick

I left mine blank because A.) I don't feel like it's anyone's business and B.) I just don't care