1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling pretty down about being in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greendalehumans, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

Hey so I've just been feeling pretty crappy lately. I don't know what to do. I can't come out right now (especially not around Christmas and such) because I know that my family, extended family, church, and peers (I go to school at my church this year) will not accept me. Everyone in my life right now (except for my friend from public school who I haven't seen in a while and already knows about me) is unaccepting of lgbt people.
    I still want to come out, even though I'm terrified. But it's almost Christmas and there are some other things going on that I'd rather not interfere with at the moment.

Next year I'm probably going to public school, so I might come out then. But right now I just don't know what to do.
    What do/did you all do when you were feeling upset about not being able to be honest about yourself?

2. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    iktf ;_; (*hug*)

3. SomeNights

Find some really good music and see how mad you can make the neighbors (and lose your hearing in the process) :slight_smile:

I wouldn't stress it. I am not sure why there has to be this "HAY EVERYONE I'M GAY" moment. Personally I've just let it surface when it needs to and then pass over it there has only been one time that I've had a break down over it.....alcohol influenced.....and I still feel like that whole night was just stupid.