1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck In A Girl's Body Forever???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoiGeorge, Dec 12, 2012.

1. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

When will this agony stop?! I went out to dinner last night with the family and some friends, and we were doing the rounds introducing ourselves, and my mum kept on introducing me as her daughter! :frowning2: I was so miserable for the entire night. Then I had to go to the bathroom later on but realizing that there were no unisex toilets I decided not to go. I didnt know which bathroom to use!! I was dressed like a guy and I felt really good about myself until everyone knew that I was girl underneath the male clothing. I was holding back tears the entire night and I felt so upset.

Will I ever be seen as a boy, or will I always be seen as a girl? I feel so distant from myself and disconnected. I feel like my head and my body are unattached and I'm floating outside of my body. Its like I dont even know myself anymore! :frowning2: I know that I'm a guy underneath this female body, but no one else understands that. They all think its a phase or something. I'm nearly 18... I think the phases are over. This is who I am now. I cant help it.

I am just feeling so lost. In society's eyes, I'll always be a girl in boys clothes. I'll never be the boy I know I am. I was envying the male diners last night, jealous that they were born in the right bodies and didnt have to prove to anyone that they were men. Does it get easier? Please tell me that it does. Please.

2. Romi

You're going to have your good days and you're going to have your not so good days. It's as simple as that really. The thing is...it'll be as easy as you maker it for yourself. This is something I've learned through all my experiences.

You have to realize that the world as a whole will, as you noted, see you as a girl in boy's clothing. But you know who you are. And that is the most important part. I understand the importance of being seen for who you are, of not having to always prove yourself to the world, but more than anything, you have to be able to hold your head up and still be proud and okay with things even when someone takes you for a girl.

Some people will blatantly ignore the fact that you're a guy, despite your body. Those people are jerks. Ignore them. As for your family...even if they 'accept' your decision, you were born their daughter. It might take a long take for them to get used to the idea of their daughter becoming their son. It doesn't mean that they don't accept and honor your decision, who you are.

For a lot of parents it just takes some getting used to. They have their own feelings to deal with. And parents have to come out as well. It's not any easier for them usually.

But yeah...thing is...it does get better. In a sense. You learn to cope. You learn to be proud, hold your head up, ignore the haters. You learn to educate those who don't know any better. Opening up and being honest with others about your feelings on the matter is hard, but worth it. The feeling of being in the wrong body won't go away, obviously, but you just learn to deal with what you've been given.

If you ever need a shoulder, an ear, anything...feel free to get at me. (*hug*)

3. SomeNights

Stick in there bro! Eventually your mom will take a hint and if it were me in those situations just start referring to yourself with masculine pronouns! Make everyone including you mom just as confused as you are! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(*hug*) !!!!

P.S. you pass really well!

4. None

On the dark side of the moon, running to the east.
    Well .. I am not really an expert when it comes to being a transgender .. but I am sure that eventually you will make it out of there and be seen for who you really are .. it might be a bit tough now but that is probably attributed to your young age .. eventually you will break out on your own (when you are ready .. don't do it when you aren't) and then be who you really are ...

And if it makes you feel better .. I actually got confused .. I have a bad habit of reading the post before reading the side panel .. and I was reading your post and was like .. "I don't get it" .. all the way until I reached the "I was dressed like a guy" part when I was like OOOOOOOOOH I get it :lol: ...

So don't worry about being always seen as a girl because you don't look like one to begin with .. and you aren't a "girl dressed as a boy" .. try to take that out of your mind .. you are a guy who likes girls and happens to be a bit different .. thats it .. truth is what we believe and feel .. not what is physically there ...

That last line would be really offensive if it was said in other circumstances :lol: .. but you get the picture ...

5. Deaf Not Blind

I used to pass after my 1st hair cut, and not here in DC. I guess it is cuz I ate too much in cafe and not exercise so my but looks too big to be a boy now? is my only guess. but you know i hate it too, when others tell peeps I'm a she. worst was when a genderqueer who is more male told a guy who thought i was a guy to "be gentle with her...dont you know she's a girl?" i didn't want kicked outta school so no hitting, but i poured my drink on on guys head and shoved the cup on, and later had to come out trans to him, cuz of that jerk! we get so many issues, from id cards, to unreadable acquaintances who insist the legal name is all they will go by.
    if u don't plan to ever take T, this will not end.
    if u do, it will end, plain and simple, u will become indistinguishable from another brother.
    that is for u to decide...and me too.
    hang in there!

6. Ruthven

Ugh, I totally get you there. I came out to my mum not too long ago (beginning of November), and I know she's not gonna call me by male pronouns and see me as male right away, but it's still awful to be called she and hear that bloody birthname all the time.

The sheer audacity of some people. Who are they to tell someone else crap like that? They aren't you, they haven't been in your mind. How the hell can they say it's a phase? Only when it's something non-cis and/or non-heterosexual is it ever considered a "phase." :rolle:

Just hang in there. As the others have said, you know who you are, that's all that matters. You're a guy, you feel it, you know it, and fuck all the jerks who refuse to see you as you truly are.

7. Hexagon

It does get better. And you won't always be seen as a girl. Really. If you haven't started testosterone therapy yet, you really should. It will change everything. And even for the people who knew you before you transitioned, there will come a point when they feel ridiculous pretending that you're a girl.

Apart from hormone therapy, there are other things you can do to try and increase your pass rate. Try to build muscle, and learn to adapt your behaviour to male mannerisms. The type of thing society programmed into cisgendered boys at a very young age. Try to appear more confident in public, even if you don't feel like it. And learn what female mannerisms you may still exhibit, and avoid them.

You should talk to your mother. She needs to start treating you properly, and you can always threaten to not appear in public with her until she starts treating you properly. I had to do that with my mother, and it helped a little.

Oh, and use male bathrooms. (Unless you are concerned about your safety). Even if you don't pass 100% yet, there are laws in most countries that protect transpeople.

8. DhammaGamer

This emotional turmoil you are experiencing is more than likely an effect of estrogen fucking up your brain chemistry. Get on testosterone and things will mellow out, plus you will start to look more masculine of course.

9. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Thanks so much for your advice and help guys :slight_smile: Its nice to know that I'm not alone in this and that there are people that do care :slight_smile:

10. GayJay

I know how you feel bro! This happens to me all the time with my mum. We meet someone me: "alright I'm jay" then my mum comes behind me and says " this is my daughter" its like a total shoot down.
    But if you plan to transition then of couirse you will be seem as a boy. You'll have a masculine apperance and people on the street won't even second glance you as a girl. My mum doesn't accept it yet, and won't call my jay outside of the house, and uses female pronouns all the time. But she has definatly gotton better with it since I first told her.
    It will get easier, even if it gets harder first. You just gotta hang in there

11. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry, dude, things will get better. I promise. ^_^ I don't know much about transgender, but hey, I guarantee that, if you keep your head held high, things will improve. And if you're a guy on the inside, that's all that matters. Don't worry about what's on the outside; don't fret about what people see. Just be yourself and things will turn out just fine. :slight_smile:

12. justgowithit

well, I'm not trans but I can only imagine how frustrating that must be for you. maybe you should talk to your mom?

13. Delta

I'm only one person, but you're all boy to me.