1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He openly asked for a first move

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Odahingum, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A male friend of mine, whom I have never asked about his sexuality but has only had girlfriends as far as I know, posted this week a tweet that translates into English as: "Whoever wants sex with me, please be so kind as to make the first move. I'm really dumb in these matters." The thing is, in the original Spanish he used a masculine pronoun for "Whoever." The masculine can have a generic meaning in Spanish, but you would never use it in such a sentence if you were 100% straight. I know he's pro-gay rights, but I don't know how to take this. He's certainly smart and attractive (except he smokes). How should I take his cue and make a good first move?

2. Gen

Gen

I dont see why not. There is a chance that he actually meant women and there is a chance that he made a mistake, but if he is pro-LGBT the very least you could do is post something comical such as, "Does this apply to everyone ; )" Or "*Makes First Move*".

I dont see why you have to be formal about the situation, just comment on his status, start a conversation, and see where things head.

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I would take it. Maybe its a message aimed at you lol.

4. BudderMC

Immediate questions that come to mind:

1) Does he mean he only wants sex and no relationship?
    2) Are you comfortable with sex and no relationship (if that's the case)?
    3) Does he know you like guys?

5. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that you mention it, some weeks ago he posted in his blog an ardent defense of gay marriage, and then posted it to my FB wall. (And I'm not out to him yet!) And when we next met in person, he asked me what I thought of it. I was so overwhelmed by the bluntness of it all that I didn't say much. Are you suggesting that's his not-so-subtle way of hitting on me? We don't even see each other that much; he certainly has lots of other people in his life. (And I was actually hoping for a chance to hit on his sister, but oh well.)

6. proudtobeme

Dominican Republic or somewhere in GA, USA
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spanish is my first language. What exactly did he say? It sounds like it could have been a slip or typo, but if you think he may be gay, I'd say talk to him about it. :grin:

7. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He said:

Que todo el que quiera follar conmigo tenga la bondad de tomar la iniciativa. Yo soy una hueva para eso.

Update: I sent him a private FB message, "Did I get that right? Where can people sign up?" He asked me what I was talking about, I said it was about his tweet, and he was greatly surprised that his innocent-looking statement could be construed as something gay. He said he intended it for girls, and the subject was left at that. He made no mention of my own interest in the matter, for which I'll thank him eternally.