1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if my crush is straight and if she isn't I still don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anon350, Dec 12, 2012.

1. anon350

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

So I want to preface this by saying I do not have crushes frequently. In fact, I haven't had a crush in 5 years, so when I got that "heart stoppy" feeling, it was pretty exciting. Then is was upsetting because I think she's straight. I think she's straight because I know she's been with guys. It's possible that she is bi (like me) but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm also kind of scared if she is bi, because then I don't have an excuse not to go for it and I'm scared out of my mind. Anyway, although I know she's into guys, she doesn't list a preference on facebook, which some people say is a good sign. Also she posted something on facebook about gay rights (though to be fair I go to a really liberal college and we have tons of passionate straight allies here). Thoughts?

2. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: I don't know if my crush is straight and if she isn't I still don't know what to

Hi,

I have been through this experience and it sucks just wondering would could be. If you can, you should hang out with her in order to get to know her better. And you could always just go for it and ask her out. You say you come from a liberal college and she supports gay rights. So even if she is straight she would likely react in a normal comfortable manner. The best way to get over a crush is just to go for it (if you feel up to it). I did this in order to get over my crush and while I was super disappointed to find out their straight. It helped me get over them. I hope this helps somewhat. :slight_smile: