1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl on the Bus

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CrochetBouquet, Dec 13, 2012.

1. CrochetBouquet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ahhhh there is a girl on the bus who I have been crushing on for a long time now. She gets on the same bus as me every morning on our way to work, we get on at the same stop.

It took a couple of months for me to pluck up the courage to say hello to her (I was so scared she'd think I was weird!). I sit downstairs, she always sits upstairs - she gets on the bus, turns to go up the stairs, pauses, looks down the bus at me and smiles/says hello most mornings. It makes me go all googly!

She gets on my bus on the way home sometimes as well. When I wait upstairs for her, she sits downstairs, but if I sit downstairs then she goes straight up without noticing me - I seem to always get it wrong!

I don't know if she's gay - I suspect she might be but I really can't tell. She certainly wouldn't guess that I am.

I just want to know her nameeeeee so I can Facebook her (yes very sad I know !) but at least then I might be able to see if she is straight, in which case I let it go... or if she's gay it might give me that bit of confidence I need.

How do I approach her? If someone did it to you, what would you want them to say? Probably not "Hello. Marry me?" right?

O guys I just need some encouragement! :icon_redf

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Try making small talk with her. Go up and introduce yourself to her. Who knows where that could lead!

3. GayJay

I tried "we seem to see each other every day and get off the same stop but I don't even know your name. So.. Hi I'm jay"
    To a girl on my bus that went to my college. That seemed to go down well. Maybe you could try something like that and see if that works
    Good luck anyway:slight_smile:

4. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    About the whole "figure out their name to Facebook them", I do that all the time. Like recently, we had this new coworker who was so attractive and I just am not going to go up to him and ask if he's gay so I wanted to find out if he was on Facebook and I just could not find him. You could say to her, "You know, I see you a lot and you look so familiar, do I know you?" And when she replies, "No", you say, "Are you sure? What's your name?" And when you get her name, bam your in (assuming she gives you her last name). XD

5. CrochetBouquet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's just nice to have a heads up isn't it! Ahhh I wish I wasn't such a wuss! I bet I'll panic and say something stupid like I LIKE YOUR EARS

6. RainbowBright

Try putting on a rainbow necklace or other obvious trinket when you get on the bus and make sure she can see it. If she's into it, she's more likely to say more to you in the future. If not, she might avoid you, but better to know, right? Unless she's just super-oblivious and doesn't know any gay symbols, but then at least you can still try chatting to her and if she gets it it will add to how she receives you. Or you can kidnap her and relocate to a town that doesn't have double-decker buses so you stop choosing the wrong level. :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this, I love crush stories!

7. CrochetBouquet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ahhh well I will be happy to keep you posted!

Here is the latest news.... nothing :frowning2: Didn't see her today! :frowning2: I'm not at work again until next Tuesday, it seems soooo long! I will have to start having wine for breakfast, that should help me! hehe

8. CrochetBouquet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A week today it will be my birthday. Deal is: If I haven't found out her name by next Wednesday then I will be donating my presents to charity!!!