1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i tell if this shy girl likes me back? What should i do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chibiidol, Dec 13, 2012.

1. chibiidol

chibiidol Guest

For a year i liked this girl and for the longest time i thought she hated me and was really depressed because i thought i would never get over her. Lets call her Stacy
    Then one day last week i came across her being a student aid in a classroom i dont know what came over me but for the first time i said "Hi Stacy"
    and to my surprise she replied very happily "Hi, 'insert my name here' how are you?"
    We had a tiny conversation but then i had to leave. I couldnt believe that i just imaged a years worth of her hating me...
    The next day was the audition for the school musical and she saw me with the audition paper and she wished me good luck and asked me what i was auditioning for...
    this girl that never started a conversation with me before in my life, that i thought hated me, was actually really sweet..

We are in the school band together and that afternoon at the Christmas parade everyone was socializing and she was by her self and i was looking at her for quite a while because i was trying to force myself to go talk to her but nerves were holding her back... i know she saw me looking at her from the corner of her eye.
    Ive caught her staring at me a few times since the parade but she always looks away immediately. I dont take it personally because i know shes shy and many people say that she doesnt look at them when she talks to them, just the air around them.

Today when she was in the music closet by herself reading a book i went in there to put away my instrument and she did an awkward limp wave. I said "Im sorry."
    Im still not sure why i said that,probably cause i walked in on her peaceful reading, but she replied nicely "Its okay dont worry about it."

I dont know if she likes me or what i should do. Im pretty shy myself but she is a quiet one.

#1 chibiidol, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  2. justabluegirl06

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the beginning of sophomore year I was exactly where you were. Starting in freshman year I developed a crush on this very quite girl in my school. I tried to talk to her several times that year, but got shot down. I tried again one more time sophomore year, and she was surprisingly very friendly to me. All I can say is, try to get to know her more. Does she sit alone at lunch? If so invite her to sit with you and your friends. See what kind of things she's into and if you have anything in common. If you guys have any classes together try to partner up with her whenever you can. I know this all sounds pretty cliché, but it eventually worked for me (we are now close friends and she has opened up to me more than I ever thought she would.) best of luck to you!

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

As a person who's kind of shy sometimes, I think shy people can come across sometimes as kind of hateful because they don't try to talk to anyone which is probably why you thought that. Sometimes they just need a person to show them they really want to talk to them to be able to open themselves up more. So I think just keep greeting her kindly and asking her things and slowly get closer to her and she'll probably open up a bit more.
    As for her liking you, I'd say it's possible but I don't think it's by any means a definite, at least not yet, and at least not by what you wrote. So just be patient about it<3

azzi likes this.