1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could he like me or is it Wishful Thinking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Polter91, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this guy who liked me a lot in the past but I couldn't be with him because I wasn't ready and plus I was not out to my family and it just wouldn't have worked out and I didn't drive and neither did he so transportation would have always been an issue too. So now he has a boyfriend and lives like three counties away and we still text every now and then. I also only truly met him once. Anyways, he asked me the other day if I wanted to go to a christmas parade they had in town, and I told him I had to work. And he text me again and he was like, "I really want to you to come to this christmas parade with me, lol". I told him I couldn't. Anyways, the next day, I asked him how the parade went, and he told me he didn't go, and it was raining and so I asked him if it was because of the rain, and he said no. I said, "Why didn't you go then?". He said, "I didn't want to". I figured he didn't want to go because I couldn't go with him. I decided to leave it alone and then last night I asked him if his decision to not go to the parade had anything to do with me not going with him and if his boyfriend wanted to go with him or not, and by the way his boyfriend's name is Chance. His reply was, "Chance had work. I was really only interested in hanging out with you and or him". I don't know what that means. He did mention me first and to me it kind of sounds like by the way he worded it that he really wanted to just hang out with me and not his boyfriend. Idk. It wouldn't be right for me to pursue this any further, bc if I were his boyfriend I wouldn't want him texting any other guy like that. But I was just curious to know, he told me once like a year ago, he no longer liked me like that, but is it possible that he still does?

Or as my analytical mind works, maybe he's just being friendly, and maybe I am overthinking the whole situation?

2. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Also, he never texts me unless I text him first and I feel like his texts are always short and to the point. And it's so frustrating. It's like he doesn't care to text me but then wants me to hang out with him, though that only seemed to be once, though very recently, like a few days ago. Sometimes I just feel like I am either, "taking everyday friendly gestures" as mixed signals. I realize he has a boyfriend and sometimes texting me may be out of the question but still, no need to leave me hanging.

3. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. SomeNights

Idk you say he has a boyfriend. In my book that's immediately off limits.

5. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I understand that. I have no intention in messing up their relationship but he made me think that he may have had feelings for me, more than once. So it was just a question.