1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolutely freaking out over my mum D:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ashton, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ashton

I'm ftM trans and a few days ago I have all my hair cut off (which my mum loved) and I am going to see my mum tonight but I'll be wearing a shirt and tie and my mum is only used to me wearing female or androgynous clothes; I told her via Facebook that I have changed my appearance and that I don't want her to freak out and she replied 'It sounds like your dressed like a boy, it's up to you what you do honey' but I'm so scared she's gonna go apeshit or take the piss. I'm so worried D: I thought she had cottoned on that I'm trans but apparently not /:

2. AaronMed

Hey Ashton, while first of all, your mom's your mom! The fact that she didn't have an adverse reaction on Facebook should instill confidence that she's going to love you no matter what, whether you're a girl, boy, straight, gay, whatever. Try not to worry too much, and understand that what you're doing - openly being who you are - is very brave. You should be proud of yourself :slight_smile:.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's gonna be fine. Maybe internally she'll have a little trouble with the idea of your being FtM, but if that's her opinion already, she's behind you 100%.

Congrats on telling your mom. I don't think I could bear to mention it to mine, for a slightly more complex reason than normal notwithstanding lol.

4. eac74

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I think this one's all in your head. If she's fine with you expressed yourself through how you look, I'm sure she'll be fine understanding your gender expression. It really seems like you're in the clear to me!

5. SomeNights

Shirt and tie? Suit up bro! lol But in all seriousness i think your just a little too worried. Relax, besides....technically she did give you permission to:

6. Ashton

Thanks for all your responses... I have posted another thing in the Help section with the reaction I got and it didn't go well.