1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice about coming out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bethfinch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. bethfinch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey im 13 years old and i am bisexual i know this as i have been out with a female and i have experiences with both sex's i just need some advice on coming out to my family, my friends know but none of my family know. It would be great if you could help me out x:icon_redf

2. TKM

TKM

Well, whats your family like? :slight_smile:

3. bethfinch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom has never said anything homophobic at all but me and my mom are the only girls in the house i live my mom and 3 brothers and my dad aswell, my dad sometimes is a little bit jokey around and thats when he is a bit rude about people its just having the guts

4. TKM

TKM

First of all, i think you are amazing for even thinking about telling your family your bi :eusa_clap I haven't come out to any of my family yet I'm planning to soon, but what I would do is probably sit your mom down or go for a walk, tell her you want to talk to her tell her you love her and you feel she is very important to you and you respect her and you need to tell her something you want her to know. then just come right out and tell her you are bisexual(kind of ease into it even though This is the hardest thing ever!at least for me). Make sure you tell her this without sounding upset (you want to let her know your proud of who you are) let her process all this information you have just given her she's probably going to ask some questions so be prepared and just remind her that this doesn't change you or your relationship with her if anything it makes your relationship stronger.
    I hope I helped I think I'd come out to a family member at a time if it makes things easier :slight_smile:
    Good luck(*hug*)