1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a bad person?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aTadInsane, Feb 20, 2008.

1. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

Well I'm one big fuck up. I've become such a hateful person. I hate myself for what I've become, I've tried so hard to think differently but I can't surpress my feelings and it's hurting others. I'm anti-symettic, I hate jewish people but I don't want to. I've tried to stop it so hard. I can't believe myself for feeling this way toward a group of people that really have done nothing to wrong me. The only reason I feel this way is because a group of jewish kids used to torment me when I was younger, I never got over it and now I feel like an asshole.

So it comes down to this, does it make me a bad person for feeling this way? Please answer honestly.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No, it doesn't make you a bad person but it sounds like this is something you really need to get help with. You know the reason you feel this way so part of the work is already done. You just have to realize that not all Jewish people act this way and learn to deal with your biases.

3. wherewulfe

hit a dog, the dog will hate humans til a human treats it nicely

your anger towards jews is reasonable, your not a bad person, just hurt. you may want to learn to get over it though, yes they hurt you a long time ago, but once again that was a long time ago.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Becky's post. Your grudge or hatred for this person shouldn't be towards the whole community of Jewish people. Look into things and reflect. You have identified the problem now seeking help would be the best choice. And no, you're not a bad person; just need to think about things is all.

5. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find that this situation is not unlike that of the gay community; someone does something "gay" like has sex with six men at once and all of a sudden everyone gay gets treated like a sex fiend. Sure there are unkindly Jewish people, which happens to be your experience with them, but not all Jews are bad people. I'm sure your hatred will fade with time and willingness to change.

6. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

Thanks Becky, my only question is where do I get help? Is there a help group for people in similar situations or something?

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good question. Do you know of places where Jewish people congregate? Maybe you should go spend some time with them. Volunteer. Get to know people on a whole new level. There is a website called www.tolerance.org that you might get some suggestions from.

8. Brett

No, it doesn't make you a bad person at all. It's only natural not to like a person that you think will harm you. When i was little I was beat up on a daily basis by a black boy, and as much as I hate to admit it....I still don't trust any black people too much. It's just human nature to do this, but it is a problem that needs your attention. I would suggest a pyschiatrist or counselor. Maybe even trying to make a Jewish friend or two.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i think becky's suggestion to seek out other jews is a good one. then you can get over your bias towards them and see that jews can be just like anybody else :slight_smile:

you could also try thinking about other attributes of people who have hurt you. for example, maybe one of them had a long blonde ponytail. does that mean that every person with a long blonde ponytail is bad? no. maybe refelcting on that can help you realise that jews are not all the same any more than any other characteristic :slight_smile: