1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about what my mom thinks

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WilliamM, Dec 14, 2012.

1. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

So i came out to mom last sunday she seemed to take it well, but my sister called me the other day and told me that my mom called her wanting to talk about it. My mom didnt know my sister already knows. What she told me sister is that she doesnt agree with it and says that she thinks that i chose to be gay. Everything my mom said to my sister made it seem like she is ashamed of me. She told my sister to not tell anyone that i was gay but my sister already told her husband and kids that i was gay. My mom didnt really have any reaction to that. Now my mom wont answer my texts or calls. All i want to do is talk to her about it and explain to her because she thinks im gay because she believes i was rejected by girls because last year around prom she asked if i was going to take someone so i lied and told her i was going to take a girl. It seems like she really believes that the girl that i never asked to prom rejected me and it turned me gay. I tried to call her after talking to my sister but my mom put me on her blocked list so the call went straight through to saying her phone is off. I know her phone isnt off because if it was it would still ring thats how her phone works. Im getting really worried that she is rejecting me and is avoiding my calls and texts. My sister tried to tell me that my mom wouldnt do that. I knew my mom would take the news badly because she is super religious and i was really afraid to tell her because of that. :icon_sad:

Has anyone gone through this kind of situation? Can you give me any advice on how to talk to her about it?If she ever answers my texts or calls

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like your mom needs some time to sort things out. I guess that the only thing that you can do is wait for her to contact you.

3. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What do you think would happen if you went and saw her in person?

BTW that sucks and I can only imagine how much it hurts (*hug*)

4. Yes, I think a face-to-face conversation would be the most useful in this situation. There is a lot that could be misinterpreted over text messages.

5. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I hope to go see her over christmas break. I cant just get up and drive to go see her cuz she lives 700 miles away from me. but ill try to give her time until i go down there thank you all

6. Deaf Not Blind

Oh my gosh! Dude I am so sorry! :frowning2:

She BLOCKED HER OWN SON??

Pray for her. I will too. Right now....

Okay, I did. I hope God will calm her mind and open her heart as it is the season of her Savior, who died so all can live...and he don't want her to hate or hold a grudge.

My hope sincerely for you is it gets better soon, and I am happy your sister is better with it.

7. jdeb1992

"A parent doesn't fail because their child is gay... A parent fails when they disown their child..." An internet quote I saw... I hope it all works out...

8. Akatosh

Did you come out over text messages? Maybe she's trying to block the source of truth until she sees you in person? Believe it or not, children also can be more mature than their parents, and she could be regressing to some immature coping mechanism. Just guesses. Congratulations on telling her. I have had some close moments where its been on the tip of my tongue, but I ultimately chicken out. The times I've gotten close to saying something, there was a lot of silence. I think my mom has ideas of my sexuality, but is largely in denial. You probably shattered your moms false reality and she now has to rebuild. Christmas break is here, good luck!