1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ashton, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ashton

So earlier on I posted that I was worried about how my mum would react when she saw me in guys clothes for the first time (I usually wear androgynous clothes) and it led to me coming out to her and my brother that I'm trans.

My brother was totally cool with it but my mum is having a horrible reaction

At first she was all jokey and happy and saying she always thought I was a boy etc but it's been a few hours and suddenly she won't speak to me, and the only things she has said is that she thinks it's a phase and that she hopes it's a phase because I am going to make my life very difficult for myself. I just don't know what to do /: I'm so annoyed because she asked me what indications she ever had that I am male and despite her saying a few hours ago that she always knew I am male etc now she is rejecting every example I give her. I don't know what to do :frowning2: I just want to leave and head back up to uni and spend Xmas there :frowning2: it seems by the moment she's getting more and more irrational about it. I know I should give her time for it to sink in but she's just rejecting the idea. What do I do? :frowning2:

2. Lewis

Just give her time, that's all she needs. Well done though, that was really brave of you to show who you are rather than just telling her.

She'll come to you first, trust me. You're her child and she loves you no matter what.

3. GayJay

Sounds exactly like my mum. She said she accepted it, but always takes the piss about it and makes ride comments.
    She said if I don't grow out of it soon I'm just gonna make mine and all my familys lives a lot harder than they need to be, so I just need to stop acting out.
    I told her well over 6 months ago, and although she isn't there yet and still won't use male pronouns ect.. She has deffo gotton better than since I first told her.
    You could try sending her an inbox explaining your feelings, and say you wish to come home and spend christmas with them. And just leave the ball in her court let her think about things and adjust to it.
    Time is the best healer

4. Ashton

Thanks guys :slight_smile: it's only been 24 hours and she's already helping me pick out a name haha she's very freaked out about the idea of surgery so I have told her I am not even 100% sure if I want any surgery yet but my main thing is going on T. Yay :slight_smile:

5. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *hugs* I know that's hard. It will probably take her time to adjust.

6. Deaf Not Blind

Yea!

I fly home tomorrow. I will see mom by this time tomorrow. I am being picked up by the very anti-Obama anti-homosexual parents of my former friend who is now a nun. It will be difficult, but if you guys can do it, maybe I can too. I will wait to test the waters, see what she says when she sees me, as I look so much more male now. If you see the photos of me in July, and August on here, and look at the ones I posted this month, you will see what I mean.

boy, we both are Corny aren't we? :grin: Pun intended