1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stuck....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by animequeen567, Dec 14, 2012.

1. animequeen567

I am completely clueless as to how to come out or who to come out to. I was always confused about my orientation and never really completely knew what I was. Now I am finally starting to realize and accept that I am in fact pansexual. I want to come out to my friends first. The main reason is because most of them are a part of the LGBTQ community and the straight ones are allys. I believe that they would accept me, but I'm still a little worried about coming out to them. I always told them that I was sure that I was straight (even though I was not entirely sure). I feel like they might not believe me if I told them because I was always "sure that I was straight". Then there's the issue of my family. My family is very split in their feelings towards LGBTQ people. Some of them like them, some of them are okay with it, and some of them do not like them at all. The whole family doesn't need to know, but my parents and siblings would be helpful. I have many worries about coming out to them. My mom is accepting, but even then I feel like she wouldn't believe me or wouldn't understand. My dad is very against homosexuality so I don't know if it's a good idea to come out to him. My sister is indifferent and she has gay friends so I think it would be fine (and I have the sense that she kind of knows that I'm not straight), but she's a bit of a big mouth so if I were to just tell her then the whole world would know. My brother is well...I don't really know; he tries to be like my dad so he's probably against it too. I don't know what to do.... If anyone could give me some thoughts, that would be really helpful. I just have no idea what to do.:help: