1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wilted, Dec 15, 2012.

1. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    So, I just got home from college yesterday and I'm home for about a month. I feel like I'm ready to come out to my parents. I'm pretty sure my mom knows. I've been hinting at it for quite awhile, but haven't actually said "I'm bisexual." Around this time last year my mom kept asking me if my roommate and I were in a relationship. During winter break my roommate stayed at my house for a few days. I guess my mom checked on us while we were sleeping and we were cuddling or something. But, I denied everything. Then, we had a horrible breakup. Long story short she got back together with her ex boyfriend and told me that she never loved me. She moved out and I was devastated. I told my mom she had moved out, but I told her it was because I was sick (I have a few medical issues) and she couldn't deal with it anymore. My mom has a big mouth and pretty much told my entire extended family. It's been 8 months and I've just gotten to the point where I don't cry when I think about her.

Anyways, I think I'm finally ready to tell my parents and maybe some extended family. I'm having lunch with my one of my aunts tomorrow and I'm planning on telling her. Does anyone have any advice for how to tell my parents? I'm not sure I actually want to admit to the relationship with my former roommate. The only person that knows about that is my current roommate.