1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The guy I like...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayforGuys, Dec 15, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

Hey guys.
    So basically there's this guy I like(duh?)
    We shall call him Bob..sexy name huh? :thumbsup:
    Well, you see he's a friend of a very good friend of mine. I've known Bob for about 3/4 years now and we've hung out - me, my friend and Bob - but the last time the three of us hung out together was about a year ago. I still hang out with my friend on a regular basis, just not Bob.
    Over the last couple of months I've not been able to get Bob out of my mind, it's always there no matter how much I try to ignore it. The only reason I try to ignore it is because I know the chances of us developing a relationship are pretty slim by the looks of it.
    He is one of the nicest guys I've met, he's kind, he's sweet, he's perfect! We have quite alot in common, music taste, films etc. And to top it all off, he is jaw droopingly beautiful...not my usual emo/twinky guys I usually check out :lol: He's more muscular, short hair, he's just sooooo :eek:
    More importantly I suspect he is in fact Gay. I'm not just saying that to try and fool myself, I do genuinely believe he's a big Ol' queer(Did I just say that :help:slight_smile: I'd say there's about a 60 - 70% chance he's Gay.
    I mean that's just through observation, and the fact he's never had a Girlfriend(granted that isn't necessarily a sign, but it fits well I guess)
    I just don't know how to approach this at all. I mean lets say 'hypothetically' we eventually did have a relationship, my friend I mentioned earlier might not react well, I mean all of a sudden two of his mates come out as Gay...and are in a relationship?
    Also I haven't talked to him in months!
    I've seen a couple of people on here recently talking about those 'What If' moments when they were younger. I don't wanna look back and wonder "Why the fuck I didn't do anything about it."
    With Bob it's not purely a sexual thing like it has been before, I've hooked up with two friends before, 1 Straight (?) and another one Gay..but that was purely sexual and nothing else, we all stayed friends afterwards.
    What do you guys think? It's coming up for the New Year and over the course of next year I want to come out to my friends amongst other things, and now this had been manifesting in my head and I wanna deal with it instead of just pushing it away.
    Have any of you peeps had any similar experiences? Any 'What If' moments?
    As usual, thanks for ANY advice!! (*hug*)
    I'm only out to my best friend, also Gay btw.

Edit: Of all names...Bob! (Can't be bothered going through and changing it...sexy Bob it is!)

#1 GayforGuys, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. eac74

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm not sure how old you are, where you two are in your lives, or how your family and friends will react, but I say go for it dude. Tell him that you're gay first if he doesn't know. If he does know and is cool with it, and all of the things you said are true...he's probably some sort of bi or something, or just waiting for the right girl. Honestly, the first situation is probably the case. A similar thing happened to me and my 'straight' friend: he ended up coming out right before he had to move back in with his parents and now we're just kind of in limbo...sooo I wish you luck! Just remember that you know yourself and your friend better than any of us ever will.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what to do already. Any bad outcome is not as bad as eternal regret for inaction.

4. GayforGuys

Thanks, 16 btw.
    It's just so hard to make the first move, especially considering if he's not Gay/Bi.
    I'll message him tomorrow on FB when it's not so late, if the conversation turns that way, hopefully, I'll tell him I'm Gay. See where it where goes from there. I guess if he knew I was Gay and he was too, then he knows he can bring it too. :slight_smile: