1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my gerner identity

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :help:Hi im a 7th grade boy and ive always felt like im in the wrong body and im wondering what you have to say so this is my story:
    ever scence i was little ive felt akward in my body and ive fou d it easyer to make friens with girls i remember when i was six i whent to a female friends house and she had a brother that was about my age he asked if i wanted to play with his new rc car or play his new game with him, instead of joining him i played with his sister and her littlest pet shop toys and i remember telling her i would rater be doing that that playing with brother she smiled and showed me her new make up i put some on (out of curiosity) and for some reason it felt natureal and i enjoyed it then her brother came in and told me that what i was doing was "girly" i decided to see what he was doing and iwhent with him i remember feeling bored and i asked i could go he kept insiting that what his sister was doing was girly and us "men" shouldnt be playing with that stuff from that day ive been very secretive about how i act and im starting to feel depresed about not being able to express the real me i also hate the thought of having a pen*is please tell me if this is signifcant also if it is how should i tell my parents
    please help :frowning2:

2. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :help:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:lease help by replying if you think i have GID (gender identity disorder) or if you think im transgenered this is very hard for me right now:tears:

3. jvn95

I'm sorry that nobody was replied yet.

I'm not an expert on this stuff. But from what you say, you could very well have GID.

Now, as for telling your parents, do you think you can tell them? Safety is always 1st.

If you think you can I think you should tell them what you mentioned in the post, and ask for a therapist. The therapist should be able to help you out and help you take necessary steps to help you express your true self.

4. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    tnk jvn95 i think that might help but im still afraid because ive heard of parents disowning their children because they feel like this

5. J Snow

Well I assume you know your parents pretty well. Have you ever heard them express distaste for LGBT people? I think if you don't they are going to have an absolutely horrible reaction, its better to start working out your gender identity as soon as possible. I wish I had come out when I first started to realize around 6th or 7th grade.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be girly. It does sound like all the signs of transgender, which unfortunately, I'm not terribly familiar with.

I can say though, that your life is yours alone, and you don't get a single second back. As much as you can, make it count, even if it means living as a gender other than that whose equipment you have. :wink: