1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MtF names

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :icon_winkbecause its basicaly been confirmed i have GID when i tell my folks im going to want to undergo transition if i do im gona want to have a new name i like ashley and skyler

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's your male name? I've heard of some trans people choosing one similar to their given name, so that it comes much more naturally.

I had an ex-gf named Ashley, but that name's not one of my personal favorites. Doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as delicately as Skyler does. :slight_smile:

3. Emberblaze

I'm usually a fan of names that are unique, names that I don't hear very often
    Celina? Emiko? Aeris? Mia?

Heh, just throwin some names out there.

But I like Skyler as well though ^^ It's unique!

4. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I like Skyler! Thats an awesome name! But ive found it easier to transition to a name that sounds somewhat similar to my birth name. It just makes it easier.

5. aeva

I love the name Skyler, but it is a name that can be either masculine or feminine. I'm not sure if that matters to you at all, but I thought I'd point it out.

I've also always liked female names that end in 'a'. All of the women on my moms side (10 that I can think of off the top of my head) have a name ending in 'a', including me.

6. Deaf Not Blind

Skylar, from Heroes? He was the creepy bad guy who cuts open skulls while they scream in terror right?
    Sure, great name! You will become famous! :grin:

7. LightningRider

Pretty sure that's Sylar. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As with every post I stumble upon about finding a name, I link this:
    Transition: Five Things to Consider When Choosing a Name « Matt Kailey

I've chosen a name for myself after much hesitation and thought so just make sure you give it time to sorta settle for yourself.
    And I went with keeping my name starting with T so that I could keep my nickname, TJ. :slight_smile:

Don't forget too that unless you have a middle name/middle names that are both feminine and masculine, you may want to change them too.
    I certainly want to change mine. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Deaf Not Blind

could be, IDK sounds same to me...I am DEAF! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. GayJay

Their both nice names. I quite like skylar. To me Ashley is a boys name, i know it's unisex but i don't don't any girls called that just guys. But that could be different where you live.
    What about it as your middle name. Skylar Ashley sounds well. But does it go with your last name?

10. Ashton

I know of a trans guy that is called Skylar so it's quite a male name in my opinion, Just don't hurry with it and trial some names :slight_smile: my birthname is Ashlyn but most people call me Ash so I have chosen to have Ashton as my middle name because of that... it makes life a lot easier!!

11. Deaf Not Blind

Ashlyn is an interesting name your mom chose. Like a combo of 2 names..Ashley+Lynn.

12. Aaron? it can be male (Aaron) or female (Erin) like you! idk, sorry if that is offensive.