1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New name

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jim, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim

Ok so my real name I've always hated, and it sort of got shortened over time to Mimi (even though it's not similar to my real name except for the first letter, IDK how that happened) but I've recently decided that I'd be much MUCH happier with a male name.

At the moment, I've been thinking about Jim (which I usually go by, just because I'm used to putting that on online things because I used to roleplay as Jim Moriarty online) Mattias, Ivan or Ezra.

Mattias is a Scandinavian name, and I love Scandinavian countries. Ivan is Russian, and I'm part Russian and Ezra is Jewish and I'm part Jewish. I sort of wanted a name that relates to my family because my birth name has nothing to do with anything (my mum was bad at name picking apparently)

2. AaronMed

I personally like Mattias :slight_smile:

3. cemma

Mattias is pretty cool, but I also quiite like Jim as indifferent as that probably seems.. So those two get my pick.. I guess you could write them on your mirror or wall or something so you look at it everyday and after a year if your sick of it/them then its not the right name for you?

4. Jim

Jim

That's a good idea actually, I might try that, cheers!