1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up i just want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bethfinch, Dec 16, 2012.

1. bethfinch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okayy I am 13 and i am bisexual i know this for a fact i have had experiences with both sex's, And i like it, i fancy girls i fancy guys and i have recently broken up from a relationship with a female, i really need some advice on coming out to my mum,I have tried so many times but i just cant say it i don't know if its confidence or scared of what she is going to say and her reaction to it all, i have been bullied for other things in life which brought my confidence down, i just feel like i really should tell my family and friends, because i feel like i am definitely bisexual although i am only 13. I wish someone would force me too say it that we she would know, i come from a pretty stable family home with my mom dad and 3 brothers, i have never heard them say anything homophobic, So basically i think i am trying to ask for advice or tips that will build my confidence up enough to tell them. It would be great if you could help me out. :help:

2. Taco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey i'm 13 too and you should start with talking about LGBT stuff like bring up a celebrity that has recently come out see what they think, If they thing being gay/bi is fine then you should just say i have something really important to tell you and then you and then just tell them straight on i think/know i'm bi they should take it fine if they are homophobic then i suggest waiting, Hope i helped i came out to my mom last week as bi she took it good even though i'm pretty sure i'm lesbian. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yo! I'm fourteen and I have kind of told my mum (long story) and I agree with Taco up there! You should see how they react to LGBT topics, or if there's a couple on TV see whether they say anything.
    I think you should feel more comfortable if your family is stable and you know they aren't going to flip or anything.
    Also, it's really hard to pluck up the courage to say it, but I promise that after you have told your family you will feel so much better, so keep that in mind when you are about to do it as it'll give you an incentive to go through with it!!
    Or you could text/email them if that isn't too impersonal do you. It is an easier alternative (or so I've read), but make sure you text them "Hello" or something before you do it to make sure that they're by their phone so you don't have to wait forever in a really tense situation.
    Good luck!! :3

4. SomeNights

I know for me, it's was a struggle just to formulate the words right. I think at one point I just had to say it out loud to myself. It was just weird for me. :slight_smile: Hope that helps!