1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG its hard to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :bang:Im planing on comeing out to my parents tomarrow after my concert but god its hard to fing the courage i could use some support im realy scared

2. GayforGuys

First off: Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want to come out before Christmas?
    If you are then, I think after you're concert is a really good idea btw. They will no doubt be proud of you and hopefully be in a generally good mood afterwards. In my experiences the build up, the waiting, then finally summing up the courage to finally say it, that is the worst part. After you've actually said it you'll feel so so so so so much better for doing it!

Then comes their response, at the end of their day, they are your parents. They love you. I hope to God there response is a good one, chances are it will be, like I said they are your parents, they raised you and they love you!
    I would strongly advise you to think of what you want to say to them - it sounds obvious but I always just think "I'll think of it on the fly" and I regret it every time. I'm not saying plan it word for word, that's pointless. Even if you did, you'll end up just saying what's in your heart.
    I know it sucks at first, building up the courage. Just remember though there are a whole bunch of people that wish they had your kind of courage. I haven't told my mum about me being Gay. One day, eventually.
    But seriously though, you're tremendously brave for telling them.
    And remember no matter what, everyone here on EC is here for you.
    Good luck and remember to let us know how it goes!! x

Good Luck! x

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember, if you feel your courage might not be enough: You deserve to live without having to hide in the shadows. Coming out is hard, but living without fully being yourself is harder. :wink: