1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm feeling pressured?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 16, 2012.

1. okay so ever since I've been questioning my sexuality , my has been pressuring to get a boyfriend and now i feel like i should just get one...i mean...he thinks i'm straight ...he doesn't believe you can be bisexual but i don't know , he's always like "go get a boyfriend" or "you need a nice boy" and i just don't want one....i use to be "boy-crazy" according to my sister which i can see....

i was boy-crazy until like..a year 1/2 ago and that was my freshman year...the last guy i guess dated was some guy named cameron and he took me on a date at the movies and actually i didn't like him, i just wanted to prove to my friends , he was just trying to get in my pants and i was right...and he asked me out during the movies through a text (get real) then the next day broke up with me because he missed his ex apparently but for some reason i cried when he did that , i guess i got a little emotionally attached but whatever

anyways last year was when i started questioning my sexuality because i had a crush on this girl in my class and ever since then my dad has been pressuring me to get a boyfriend..because he thinks i'm straight and sometimes i believe and say "maybe he's right , i mean i was boy-crazy so maybe it's just a phase" but i mean katie wasn't my only crush...i had one on a girl in my middle school and now i am infatuated with some girl online in to which i have skyped with...

sorry if this was long

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not terribly long, no worries. :slight_smile: I had a little bit of pressure to get a partner for awhile, and even had my brother call me gay because it took me too long in his opinion to have a gf.

However, don't let their pressure bother you. If it ever comes to a head, just remind them that your social life is none of their business unless you deliberately invite them in. Questioning your sexuality may be a phase, but if it lasts longer than a little while, it may be there to stay, especially if you acknowledge that you had a legitimate crush on another girl. Bi is a very real possibility. Keep us updated if anything else happens. :slight_smile:

3. well i mean ..i have been questioning for a year ..but i mean..god , i didn't think i was going to question that long...i had talked about my crushes with my sister and she says ..that they weren't really crushes.
    maybe you can help me on that

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe. I've heard that some people mistake purely platonic love for a romantic/sexual crush, and while it is possible you just love this person as a friend and cherish time spent with her, I can't tell you for sure. It's up to you to tell the difference.

A question might help though. Picture your life ten years from now. Who do you see yourself living with, if anybody?

5. look , i just .i've been questioning for a year...and i cannot take anymore confusion ...right now , i'm becoming even more confused....

i'll give details on my crush katie ,
    i had a crush on her last year and everyday i would think of her , i would daydream of being a couple ...i wrote a poem saying..i wish she would notice me , i wanted to get to know her and i would get butterflies whenever i saw her and once time i hugged her and got this electricity in my stomach.

and i cannot see myself in 10 years...

#5 woundsneverheal, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well from what you said about the butterflies, it sounds like a real crush. You could very well be bi or les, but thankfully, there's no reason to label yourself if you don't want to or feel you can't. The labels are for ease of communication only, not so that you have to squeeze into one of them for anybody else's sake.

For easing confusion, just consider yourself to be bi. As far as I can tell, it means a lot of things. But from the sound of it, being totally lesbian might be the case also. And Katie seems very sweet. I had a crush on a girl named Katie too, which crashed and burned. Good luck to you though, and I wish you peace in finding yourself. :slight_smile:

7. see...when you say that...i feel calm and reassured but when people say "you mya just think of her as a friend" , it confuses the fuck out of me

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I meant to say was "I've heard of it happening." In your case, it sounds pretty real, though. Especially if you've been dealing with it for so long.