1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated and caught in a bind

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeCanBuildATree, Dec 16, 2012.

1. I am a junior (17) in High-School, and I finally admitted to myself that I'm gay two years ago. I have since been deeply closeted, due to my father being extremely paranoid and homophobic.

But here's to add to that...I am super attracted to older guys. Not guys in their 20's or 30's, I mean like guys in their late 40's to early 70's. I feel like a freak every time I start getting attached to someone I like/find attractive, and it hurts, because I know I am underage and thus cannot be with them...

What can I do? I am just frustrated... :bang:

#1 WeCanBuildATree, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  2. AaronG

AaronG Guest

There's nothing wrong with liking older guys but it seems like you're in a "look but don't touch" position. When you hit 18 you're legal so you can pursue any older guys that interests you. I hope I was able to help a little.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like something I've heard of called "gerontophilia", or attraction to old people, basically. I can sort of see where you're coming from. Older guys have this cool air to them, along with wide-ranging knowledge and experience. That sounds like exactly the kind of guy that can sweep you off your feet and take you on a grand adventure. Think of Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed Revelations, when he was in his 50's/60's. Pure suave.

[​IMG]

^^Of course that's highly idealized, but not impossible. And I am certain that there are guys that age out there looking for younger boys to play with, seeing as I'm gonna be one of them in about forty years XD.

Don't worry, OP. You'll find love, and maybe even the opportunity to come out to your father someday.

#3 Argentwing, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. Thanks you guys, it means a lot, just needed to vent haha