1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Like Minded Friends... And Dates too?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thresholder, Dec 16, 2012.

1. thresholder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

First off, thanks to posting on here and receiving some advice I have already started to be myself, so thank you to those on this forum for that.

I'm now feeling more comfortable in myself but I am missing friends in my life who are also gay/bi/lesbian. And I'm rather stuck on how to find friends? I'm in the UK and support groups around here are scarce or just unattractive to me, so where else can I seek friends?

As well as that, ideally I would like to start a relationship with a guy too, but again nowhere to start? Online has been a no-go for me, and I'm not sure if I'm at the point of posting photos of myself on dating sites. Unfortunately as I'm sure many are aware, most sites cater for those looking for one offs which doesn't interest me. It would be great to meet someone out at a club but I don't have friends to go to clubs (non straight) with, and I really don't fancy going on my own!

I'm sure this night be a question going though many minds, and may have been asked in some way before, but either way, it would be great if anyone can share their advice/tips/support here.

Thanks! :slight_smile: