1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANY advice can help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey i want to come out to my parents soon about my GID and i can take any advice on how to tell them
    thanks!

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came up with an idea I think will work. Start off by asking them "Have you ever heard about transgender people, who feel like they were born as the wrong sex?"

Depending on their answer, you can determine how to do it from there. If they're totally understanding, you can follow up with "I think that's me. I'm really serious." Or, if they think it's a stupid/false problem, you can disagree by saying "I don't think so, because I feel that way a lot, like every day." If you get more resistance, then you can go into how GID is a real condition that a lot of people experience.

It seems to go a lot more naturally if you start talking about the subject first, and then how you fit into it, rather than just starting out cold with "I feel like a girl stuck in a boy's body." Good luck in telling your parents; I think it'll go over better than you expect. :wink: