1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by i need help, Dec 16, 2012.

1. i need help

(hope this is ok)

im planning on moving to Texas ( near Austin and Dallas ) and i was just wondering on the gay culture and feel. just try to see what im getting in to...

thanks

2. starfish

Honey Dallas and Austin are 3 hours away from each other.

I'm from the Dallas/Fort Worth area originally and it is much different from Austin.

Dallas is a large metro area, and way too hurried and crowed for my taste. Austin is like a little bubble of California in Texas. It is completely different from the rest of the state.

My biggest gripe about Austin is that there is not really a gay community here. I think a lot of it is because being gay in Austin is no big deal. That and we have no gay bars. All we have are gay clubs and I don't like going to clubs.

3. i need help

im not moving to either, im actually moving to Goldthwaite i just didnt know if it was a pronounced place or if people would be like where the...just nervous not in huge favor of major change but growing up in north east indiana and not really ever leaving, going to texas is gonna be huge.