1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel sad but I don't know why

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Dec 17, 2012.

1. sunnii

I felt really down yesterday because I had a crap night out on Saturday and being hungover and sleep deprived didn't help either. I thought once I went to bed got a good sleep I'd feel better but I don't. But I don't really know why I feel down. But i just have a whole negative
    vibe going on.

I remember feeling this way after a night out (but this was a good night out) and I felt like this for a month until the next night out. What's really crap about it is I was having a good week and my attitude was great. Ie at work I had a couple of stressful and busy days but I just powered through. Also I was really noticing my self esteem going up.

There is one thing that I can put my finger on what bothers me and that's my crush on one of my best friends. He knows and is cool with me being gay but I just wish I could just see him as my hot friend not my crush. It's been going on for a year now I have a habit of prolonged crushes. I don't believe in time heals all wounds but I believe distance does but we're friends and we work together so that can't work.

I don't want to have this down in the dumps attitude I know we all get bad days but I don't want this to drag over a long period of time.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, it's pretty rare you hear of having a crush on somebody on a deep level, and yet your rational brain wants just to be friends.

I would suggest that you determine which is the stronger urge-- to date him, or to be friends? However you come up with an answer, you'll at least be able to justify a decision one way or another and be more at peace with yourself.

If I may ask, why are you actively resisting a crush on him? If it's because you think it'll break your friendship, that's not necessarily true. I broke up with my first ex after two years, but it was a gentle enough split that we are still friends. :slight_smile:

3. is he gay?then u should date him ?whats wrong with that.........if hes straight i would suggest u that coz i dont wanna break ure frndship coz i see u r very much attached to him...be strong dude:slight_smile:

4. sunnii

Sorry I forgot to add the very important detail that he is straight.

5. BudderMC

Well, what happened the last time you went out and felt like crap for the month afterwards?

6. sunnii

Sorry what do you mean by what happened the last time? Do you mean like what caused me feeling crap? What stopped it or what was I like when I felt crap?

To answer all 3 I had a great night and I think I just felt so empty afterwards and I was just in a rut I couldn't get out. I even contacted old friends from school and college to arrange something which I did (they both eventuality cancelled but I was out of that slump so I didnt take it too bad. Then about a month later we had another night and it was great and I was fine afterwards

7. BudderMC

Is this an ongoing feeling? Are you talking with a counsellor/therapist/whoever about it?

8. sunnii

I talk to one of my friends about feeling shit like she also can start feeling crap and told me she was on anti depressants a few months ago. I've still to tell her I'm gay but I don't want to tell her at work because if Wed go into it I'd get upset and I don't want to get upset at work. Especiallu in this mood I'm in now

9. sunnii

i can be prone to vague unhappyness. i mean ive had the best year of my life but overall throughout that year i have been "unhappy". I know we dont feel 100% happy all the time but I rarely felt content with myself and my life. I was beginning to but I think I may have felt too high too fast and ive came crashing back to reality which has made me feel shit.

10. sunnii

I felt better today. I got rid of that sad sluggish feeling there was even a period of the day where I was on a high. But the past couple of hours I've realised how much this crush is bothering me. But it just feels weird to feel this way over the sake of a crush.

Like you may/may not know I've been single my whole life and I've wanted to date for a while now. But they say you shouldnt look for a relationship. I don't have that "a man will find me and we will fall in love and all my problems will go away" idea anymore but I'm out (sort of now) shouldn't I be like grabbing life by the balls (pardon the pun)