1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm sorry

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 17, 2012.

1. someone confronted me on another thread i posted about posting a lot of threads about the same topic and i know i have and i just wanted to say sorry.
    i am not trying to be dramatic , i'm just trying to say sorry to any people i've caused distress since that person posted anonymously

2. Given To Fly

Don't worry about one person bitching - the whole point of the 'support and advice' section is to get support - if you are feeling down, post what you want (*hug*)

3. are you sure? i really don't want to be a bother...

4. Given To Fly

I'm sure :slight_smile:

If posting here helps you deal with whatever is troubling you, then go for it. I know I've drawn a lot of strength from posting my own story here, and reading responses, as well as reading other peoples stories.

Have another hug - I get the feeling you need it (*hug*)

5. its just i know you guys cant tell me my sexuality and only i can but i don't know...the person said , i seem to be only happy because it's what i want to hear , so i guess maybe i want people to say i'm bisexual or something...i don't know anymore.

6. Given To Fly

I've said before to others that the hardest person to come out to is yourself. Your right that the only person who can tell you your sexuality is yourself. I suspect in reality you know the answer, and for whatever reason you have difficulty coming to terms with it. I know I had the same trouble.

Ultimately I had a choice between staying in the closet and being unhappy, or taking a chance, and coming out. I chose to come out, but you have to choose what gives you the best chance of a happy future.

Hope that makes some sense - I'm great at thinking of things but crap at actually writing them down so they make sense lol.

7. well when that person said ...that "you seem only happy when someone tells you what you want to here" , it makes me upset ...and makes me think , maybe i just wanted everyone to tell me , i might be bisexual or whatever....

and thanks for helping me out.

8. Given To Fly

Don't let one anonymous poster get you down - There's always support here (or so I hope) for those who need and want it. If you want, feel free to post on my wall - I promise not to get cranky :slight_smile:

Most people are happier when they are told what they want to hear, or what they think they want to hear. But that doesn't mean it's the truth. No-one here can give you answers - we can only help you out and support you as you figure things out for yourself.

9. Lewis

Post away! Like Given To Fly said, that's the whole point of this forum. We're all glad to help. It really annoys me that you've come here to feel more comfortable with yourself and there are people on this forum telling you to stop posting...

Ignore them.

10. i don't know. i guess since most people are happier....i guess i'm straight , i probably just over analyzed everything into thinking i have feelings for girls and now i'm going to have to tell my ex girlfriend who just emailed me saying she still has feelings for me and tell her i can't ...because i just thought i had feelings for her from what it seems like. :tears:

i guess i was wrong about everything. something i tried to avoid.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

its just they said , I've been posting the same issue on different sections and its getting annoying but i mean i really don't want to post the same issues over and over again... i was comfortable coming , i thought people could understand and try help but i don't want to be a bother

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't apologize for seeking help, like Given To Fly, that's what we're all here for. Plus, if you ever wanna talk one on one with someone, you can always leave them a message on their wall. It'd help more if you could send/receive private messages, but you have to be a full member. And I'd love to be your friend so I can help you out a bit more.

I think you are bisexual and there's nothing wrong with that. You are who you are and I think you should embrace your feelings. I wish I would have discovered this website when I was your age. I think my life would've been easier.

12. Given To Fly

What this forum has taught me that no matter what your orientation, straight, gay, or somewhere in between - it's ok. If you are straight, that's great - don't look at it as failure. I think most people who are questioning would love to come out of the process realising they are straight - not so long ago I wanted to be straight more than anything.

As for your ex - what drew you to her in the first place - was it simply experimentation to see if you could feel anything for a girl? Or was there attraction? Is there attraction now? One failed relationship doesn't change who you are inside.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

Most definately. I think I'd have come out years ago if EC had been available to me. Having said that, my life would probably have turned out completely different - because of my ex, I got a job I love through her dad, and I got somewhere to live when I fell out with my family. So who knows where I'd be. But that's another conversation I reckon

13. [/COLOR]

#13 woundsneverheal, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  14. Given To Fly

Did you never actually meet? I don't think you can really decide your sexuality based on online relationships. Who do you find attractive in daily life, like at school, or in the street? Guys, girls, both? Who do you end up with in your fantasies? You don't have to answer - it's just something to think about.

Another thing - try not to overthink things - it's not compulsary to come up with a label for youself - what is important is that you stay true to yourself, and don't trap yourself into being unhappy, like I did for many years, and like lots of others do.

Before I go to bed - (*hug*)

15. we have Skyped but not in real life. i daydreamed of guys for a long time then just decided to daydream about girls and i daydreamed about having a relationship with one and i loved it to be honest. i am still daydreaming of girls

and i find girls more attractive than guys but still find guys attractive

16. Given To Fly

Can you see yourself having a sexual relationship with another girl? Or is it purely romantic attraction? Or do you just like the way they look - I mean, I can appreciate a nice looking woman, but as for attraction, for me, theres nothing - I have no urge whatsoever. It's hard to explain so I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

I'm off to bed now - it's 10pm here, and I gotta get up at 4am :eek:
    If you wanna talk some more tomorrow, I'll be about at some point, again feel free to post on my wall.

And remember, don't let one mean poster put you off - there is as much suport here on EC as you want (&&&) :slight_smile:

17. i don't know anymore! , im fucking frustrated now. i can't figure out whats real and whats not! everything was so much better when i didn't question. if i just didn't have that crush on katie , i wouldn't fucking be here. sorry im mad

18. Zero Zero

Don't be mad. Your just frustrated. Try holding back & taking a breath. Sometimes that's all you gotta do figure out a problem. Just let it sink in and just think. Daydream about what ever comes to kind. I know this may sound confusing. Shit I'm even confusing myself but that's what I did. I sat back and took a breath and just let my mind wonder and thought about nothing while thinking about everything. Hope that made since to you and hope your dilemma has a good solution.

19. i'm trying , it's just ...i am sick of this merry-go-round shit. you'd think i would know my own sexuality , and don't worry about being confusing , i get so confused on attraction and i am confusing when it comes to talking about my feelings
    but thank you

20. Salazar

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about one pillock. If you have a problem that's persistent, it helps to talk about it! :slight_smile: